Pain Management Community
leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

leg pain

I have chronic leg pain.  It feels better when I walk or I just don't notice it as much.  If I'm sitting or laying down it is hard for me to stand on my legs when I get up the pain is so bad.  After I take a few steps it gets better.  It is also hard for me to go up and down stairs.  When I'm sitting or lying down there is a constant throbbing pain.  It does feel better if I lay on the floor on my stomach with a heater blowing on me.  The pain goes from my hips down the front of my legs to my feet.  I do have arthritis but I wouldn't think it would hurt like this.  Does anyone have the same symptons or know what to do for this.

Hi CJP,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about the pain in your legs. It must be very uncomfortable to say the least. It could be due in part to your arthritis. Arthritis can be extremely painful.

There are not any physicians on this forum. I have pain in my legs but it is due to my SI Joints. And it is very different than yours but it does hurt!!

I think you should see your PCP. She/he can best tell you what is causing your pain. In the mean time warm baths may help or heat rubs if they are not contraindicated. Please let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to your updates.
Peace, Tuck  
Hi CJP

Yep, it could very likely be your Arthritis.  When I have a really bad flare, it can radiate from my knees down and up my legs or radiate from my elbows out to my wrists and shoulders.

I have found that a lot of times these extreme flair ups coincides with weather changes or foul weather.
I am a 47 year old male and I started having the same symptoms about 3 years ago.  After many many specialists, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I use Methadone and Lortab for pain management (after trying all sorts of procedures and other meds).  You should see a rheumatologist.  Go ahead and make an appointment since you usually have to wait months to get an appointment as a new patient.  Good luck!

Mark