Pain Management Community
serious pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

serious pain

I have a serious pain in my left butt cheek it makes me cry sometimes. When i get up i have to move very slowly it hurts so bad if i makr the wrong move what is it im only 23 weeks how do i get rid of this excruciating pain
Hi!
Buttock pain can be a neurological (sciatica) or a vascular problem. A wrong posture on a job that involves sitting for a long time too can precipitate this. History of taking injections in the buttocks in the recent past should be looked into. A number of times old injection sites start troubling if undue pressure is put on them as in prolonged sitting. This will respond to hot water bags below the buttocks at night or kept for sometime while sitting too. Another possibility is ischiogluteal bursitis. This is inflammation of the bursa that lies between the ischial tuberosity of the pelvic bone and the tendon of hamstring muscle. The bursa may show inflammation without any cause or in association with hamstring tendinitis or inflammation of tendon of hamstring. The pain increases on stretching. Myofascial pain or trigger points in the Gluteus medius muscle and Piriformis muscles of the buttock can cause pain in the buttock area which may radiate to thighs. Stretching the muscle increases the pain. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis and treatment. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Nice to read about some information about piriformis syndrome. This issues had been widely debated in the medial community for years because there was not enough education about this area of pain.
I have experienced this piriformis syndrome for years and now getting a new treatment for it.
This area of pain management needs much education from doctors without drugs. Nice to see it recognized. Thank for the information.