People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

Viewing 9201-9361 comments:
Hello kintoshag,

Who diagnosed you and I never said to try what I'm doing. I'm just merely explaining what I'm doing and yes I will be taking probiotics after treatment to rebuild my gut flora.
I don't know what your taking about when you first say that it's a fungus and that it's enormous and that all you can eat is lemon! What gland are you talking about! You never finish what you say....please explain yourself. Your symptoms might be different than mine...you might be suffering from something else.

It's close to a decade of suffering for me. I was fortunate enough to not only graduate pre-PATM, but also work long enough to pay back school expenses prior to giving up after two years on the job due to inherent social pressures that PATM presented. My career was in IT.
LOW VITAMIN D?

ARE YOU TAKING HIGH DOSES OF VITAMIN D?

PLS DONT YOUR BODY IS PROTECTING YOU BY LOWERING VITAMIN D

**TEST

PLEASE DO THIS LAB TEST

-HYPERPARATHYROIDISM
-CHECK CALCIUM LEVEL
-AND IONIZED CALCIUM

-I BET YOU SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE NORMAL PARATHYROID HORMONE...BUT YOU HAVE PARATHYROID ADENOMENA

SYMPTOMS I WAS EXPERIENCING

1 IT STARTED WITH WHITE TONGUE COATING

2 BAD BREATH

3 STOMACH CRAMPS

4 AND MIGHTY PATM

5 ICTING

6 HEART PROBLEMS

NB: pls there's  no body odor.......but the gas you are emitting amplifies any odor you are wearing at that time[ strong smell], so if you smell you will smell worst....it just that the smell amplifies.

Possibilities
1 THE GIANT FUNGUS IS METABOLISING PATM INTO YOUR BLOOD

2 HIGH CALCIUM DUE TO HYPERPARATHYROIDISM  [ WE ARE SPECIAL AND OUR BODY IS ABLE TO METABOLIZE  HIGH CALCIUM IN THE BLOOD TO PATM GAS TO BE EXCRETED THROUGH THE LUNGS

Nb : the hyperparathyroidism was cause by the Giant fungus

**Medicine

I was given a traditional medicine as my first line of treatment and what come out  of me was terrible ***A giant fungus very big with blood stains on it..infact since i started taking the medicine every time i have bowel movement i see them in my stools.

Outcome***

patm has reduced like 95 percent but the doctor think it the hyperparathyroidism...and only way to correct is surgery

Hint

Sharp silent pain in my throat started at the same time when patm started***it too silent that you might not notice

**BAD ENGLISH  pls forgive me

Hint

**I was on antibiotics before patm started
Hint

**the fungus that come out was like a tree [ very big with blood stains on it ]

And now plenty WHITE strings are coming out of me and the doctors are amazed.

My confusion is patm has reduced dramatically but still the doctor thinks it the hyperparathyroidism. In fact i dont get reactions anymore....like rubbing of nose ,clearing of throat ,coughing  but the doctor is saying hyperparathyroidism is the root cause and the body allowed the fungus to grow to prevent absorption of vitamin D and calcium  
Avatar n tn
Wow. My calcium level was the only abnormal thing on my labs, along with poop in my stool
Possible outcome
-low vitamin D

-high calcium

HYPERPARATHYROIDISM TEST IS AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE SO PLEASE TEST AND SEE THE OUTCOME.

INFACT THAT IS THE CURE.....PATM IS DEFEATED
Avatar n tn
U guys shoukd not be arguing. Im leaning toward sibo and i will try xifaximin. Now i also hive high calcium, so i will get that checked too. Parahyperthyroid also causes constipation which could cause sibo

Stop arguing they are both helpful good theories
Avatar n tn
Kintoshag u say u wete given first line of treatment. It does us no good if you dont tell us what it is, its alnost selfish
Please it a local medicine made from 14 herbs

It very powerful antifungal**

But please there's noway you will get it so look for local antifungal medicine in your country.

These are the  active ingredient wrinting on it

Terminalia ivorensis, Alstonia boonei,Uvaria chamae,fagara zanthoxyloides, zingiber officinale, Allium sativum, xylopia aethiopica, pimpinelle anisum, strychnos venulosa ,capsicum annuum, piper nigrum, monodora myristica,piper guineense,khaya senegalensis
Hello freeland1924,

Where I work at they have mass/gas spectrometers that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. We have scientist/PHD folks that are highly intelligent in their field of study. I didn't want to bring it up because of obvious reasons but it might be something that I could persue I just don't know how I could do it without sounding like a loony. Maybe you could give me some tips on what to ask since in that field of study. Mind you, I don't know if they are setup to do a human experiment...Thanks
please watch the following video if you have gastro problems. Very informative but it's kind of long. The doctor explains it in a way that everybody can understand it.

perfectbioticsusadotcom/

Please watch it till the end...it's kind of long...
Avatar n tn
I was also on antibiotic before patm. I got my tubes tied, abs tonsils out, and sinus infection. I started getting yeast with the very furst antibiotic i took. Im going to give this one last strong ****, thn i and my life are done. I absolutely canttaje it. My boyfriend is extremely allergic but we dont discuss it
Ray 2592 how did you finally talk with your wife or did she approach you. Im by oibg to lose my boyfriend fir always acting distant for no reason. I want to talk to him but i dont wanthim to think im crazy
Please continue with your doses. What you're doing is important because even if it doesn't heal patm completely, it will give us important information. There’s 3 outcomes from what you’re doing.

1. Cure it
2. Decrease it
3. Make it worse

Either one of the 3 will give us important information because we know what each of the drugs you’re taking does.
I'm preparing for exams with a few weeks from now but I will get back to you soon. Thanks for sharing the information. Keep up the good work.
Guys let CALL a spade a spade

I AM NOT TRYING TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE BUT MASS/GAS SPECTROMETER WILL NOT SOLVE THIS MYSTERY FOR YOU.

I have degree " Bsc COMPUTER SCIENCE "

The machine is programmed to do what it supposed to .,,IT CANT NOT DETECT ANY PATM GAS.

**and also if you think you have sibo , pls do hydrogen breath test
Have you ask yor self why mad person on the street  dont have patm ***they eat anyhow and are infected  with al kinds of bacteria

Only gland/organ  failure can cause this abnormal chemical in the body

NB. Our body is intelligent and it removing patm chemical  through our breath

NB. ONLY Fungus can make various unknown chemicals to digest food
How is your patm? It been 3~4 days since you started taking xifaximin

***Guys do the hyperparathyroidism test get cured enjoy  your life
Dude, why are you trolling our forum and offending everyone unnecessarily?  Though I found your ideas absolutely ridiculous I did not bother you. I wanted you to post your ideas for everyone to read and not get into your way.
I refused to initially comment on your posts for two basic reasons:
1. You seriously need a translator or intentionally making it appear broken on some parts to disguise your identity.
2. Your ideas are just crazy. HYPERPARATHYROIDISM has nothing to do with PATM. Have you seen anyone complaining of kidney stones and weak bones in this forum? How do you connect calcium to patm? You got nothing but trash!

“I have degree " Bsc COMPUTER SCIENCE "

Now you’re programmer..lol? But then what’s that got to do with anything? Take note that there are several machines & utilities involved in the process. Second, it’s already programmed. It doesn’t need amateur programmers. The difficult part has absolutely nothing to do with understanding the programs.. it’s all got to do with understanding chemistry & physics itself.

“The machine is programmed to do what it supposed to .,,IT CANT NOT DETECT ANY PATM GAS.”

And it’s supposed to detect molecules.. that’s what it’s supposed to do. Everything are molecules. What did you expect patm gas to be? An alien molecule that doesn’t exist in the universe? You don’t know anything about that so I suggest keep quiet.

The list of ingredients you’ve just given contains almost nothing of medical value. Did you even care to look up before posting your garbage?

“but the PATM is not directly cause by the fungus
**it a gland failure [PLEASE I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING BECAUSE I WANT THROUGH SERIES OFF TEST BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOSED ] ”

How do you connect fungus, a gland and patm? That’s a huge claim you just did there. How do you explain the lack of any symptoms of HYPERPARATHYROIDISMON any us? How do you explain people surviving over 40 years with no problem whatsoever except for patm? You have serious logical issues.

“*A giant fungus very big with blood stains on it”

Do you even know what you are saying? Do you know what fungus means? You should know the species name by now. What is it? You don’t because; first you don’t understand what you taking about to begin with and you created that silly imaginary story to back up your claims.. ..because you’re a troll.

“YOU HAVE YOU KILL THEM THE FUNGUS WILL PENETRATE FURTHER AND DESTROY MORE ORGANS IN YOUR STOMACH. HOPE YOU HAVE EAR TO LISTEN ”

LOL.. tell us. What are organs in the stomach have you learnt so far? And which school and country did they teach you that? Can you name one organ in the stomach?

“Have you ask yor self why mad person on the street  dont have patm ***they eat anyhow and are infected  with al kinds of bacteria ”

And how have you determined that everyone on the street aren’t patmer? Did you interview each one of them? Did you have a patm meter that you ran around the streets and checked every homeless person? Stop making things up to support ridiculous claims. I suggest you stop bothering everyone or just post your ideas and don’t offend others with your wacky outrages claims. We are trying to find a solution here; we don’t have time for trolls.
My thyroid is also enlarged and it started at the same time my patm started **parathyroid gland is on the thyroid
Hello kity,

Just want to get something of my chest, please do not take antibiotics without first consulting with your GP. I would never ask anybody to do anything without first doing the research or checking with a doctor....unlike what the troll said.

My beautiful wife of 23 years has supported me since I started to have PATM reactions, she didn't believe me at first but with time and examples she realized that it was true. I would say the single most important thing that kept us together was the love for Jesus.  You have to trust in God and have faith because science cannot cure us alone. God provides us the tools to overcome situations, we might not be cured today or next week or next year but we will get there.

It sounds like you have multiple medical issues and your situation sounds complicated but please watch the video I sent out and absorb all the information....research SIBO that's where most of our health problems initiate which can lead to a host of medical problems.

With this video, I found out why taking antibiotics and not following up with a good brand of probiotics will lead me back to having SIBO. This Doctor explains everything in very simple terms.

Please watch it and remember that having discipline throughout your healing processes is the key.
Avatar n tn
Definitely i was hoping to get xifaximin from my gastro, and frankly it would be super hard to get it without a dctor, im on sibo fb page and almost everyone is given that antibiotic, it goes straight to intestines.
Hey guys,

The information being posted on the forum seems very compelling and that's the reason for me posting. Kintoshag you seem really confident in knowing and understanding PATM when you have only had for such a short period of time. If you don't mind me asking where are you from? You stated that a "giant fungus"  the size of a tree is the reason for PATM. Since you saw it do you have any proof like pictures or anything? Furthermore you stated that hyperparathyroidism is the cause for PATM. I still can't figure out how these are linked. Unless of course vitamin D deficiency is the culprit. I'm not going to lie i agree with many of your points. As well as many of the points Ray has stated. I agree that the problem seems to stem from the small intestine. The organ that arguably is the most important of the human body. I agree with ray that undigested food is fermenting in the intestine causing these symptoms like PATM. That's why I think high histamine foods full of sulfites elevates reactions.

I want to add on that I have done some tests with my body. I am currently taking L-glutamine with probiotics and an antifungal called candida cleanse every day which seems to help. But the my most recent discovery i made is taking  HCL Pepsin high potency which seemed to dramatically reduce my PATM reactions almost to have it non existent. HCL Betaine is used for people with low stomach acid which helps them produce more. Low stomach acid causes many problems in the digestive system that lead GERD ,bloating, chronic candida, and undigested food in stools. As well as surprisingly sinus problems like post nasal drip, deviated septum, enlarged turbinates etc.

I got surgery about two months ago for enlarged turbinates and slight deviated septum. Though i still suffer from post nasal drip which leads to bad breathe. I think we are releasing some types of gas through our nose. When i exhale air through my nose it seems to be very warm almost hot. I have proved this by going into the walk in at my work where we store our food to keep it fresh and vapor always comes out through my nose. Note this does not happen to any off my coworkers. Also when my PATM used to be very bad i would fog up my friends care like crazy and only the window side that i was on. This leads me to conclude that its some type of gas that our body is releasing. So kintoshag you may be right it's not a bad smell necessarly but something that amplifies our smell hence why perfumes or cologne does not really help.

Anyways just sharing my thoughts and really don't understand why there is so much hate going around when we are coming up with what potentially can cure everyone from this crippling disease. I may not be some highly educated person with a degree in science but have lots of experience dealing with this. Never confuse higher education with intelligence.
Avatar n tn
I dont understand the hate either. We may just need a antibiotic thats strong and tgat we never tried before. I have lts of symptoms. Im toxic and sick, it could all b related. He is not wrong in mentioning xifaximin
Hello BETTERDAYS7,

i was wondering the same thing, but the doctor said it a way your body react to the high calcium..it allow the fungus to grow to prevent absorption of vitamin d and extra calcium in the small intestine but then the fungus has really penetrated me, one can tell by the blood on it. And also i gave the fungus to the doctors.

Parathyroid gland controls calcium in the body,so when it start to malfunction calcium and vitamin D gos abnormal

Wow...bettertimes you hit the nail right on the head with your comment about fogging up the windows when your inside a car, thats exactly what happens to me. My breath elevates in temperature and I start having PATM REACTIONS. I have not experienced this for two days since I been on medication.

Freeland sorry about getting involved with troll.
I am one of the PATMers with a diagnosis of SIBO (from Cedars-Sinai, using the gold-standard for diagnosis, the hydrogen breath test)...so the next question is:  what is the bacteria or bacterias that cause the SIBO?  Medical science does not know the answer to this.  I am hypothesizing that it is the same bacteria that causes Type 2 (acquired) TMAU, because I did not have TMAU 2 before the SIBO/PATM.  I know of one other individual who also has SIBO and TMAU and there could me more.

Freeland's approach to identifying the unique VOCs a PATMer has is a good approach, but at some point the question would be asked:  what is the bacteria (if indeed it is a bacteria) that causes that unique profile of VOCs?  I would like to get to the identifying the cause of this so we can annihilate this evil bacteria.

Ray, I took the Xifaximin course, but I did not take the second med you are taking that helps remove the detritus (apparently that came on the market in 2013 and I was treated in 2012)...I believe I also took VSL as the probiotic.  I hope you have more success than I did, maybe your bacterial profile is different and it will work for you!  I know you will keep us posted

...just want to add...not everyone who gets a SIBO diagnosis has TMAU2 and/or PATM...so it is a very unusual bacteria we are talking about here and//or some other extenuating circumstances (fungal or viral co-infection)..."it ain't going to be easy" to figure this one out but I'm not giving up...
Did you consume any sugar/wheat/gluten foods during your rebuilding of your gut flora? Did you take some premium probiotics that would survive the stomach acid and make it to the small intestine without damage?

I have taking antibiotics in the past but never really supplemented my gut with healthy probiotics afterwards. I did'nt watch what I was eating at that time either that's why it didn't work for me. Doctor's say we should have balance of 80% good bacteria and 20% bad bacteria sort of like a well tuned engine.

If you have not gone the web to see the video on SIBO please go there and see it. It's an eye opener.
Ray---I put myself on the SCD (Specific Carb Diet) for about a year, which is grain-free and sugar-free, and lost too much weight (looked horrible/haggard)...but the intestinal issues (gurgling gas, burning etc.) did go away as a result of the SCD (not from the Xifaxin, though...the Xifaxin did not help in my case).  Sadly, the SCD did not help with the PATM nor the TMAU2, so maybe talking about a remaining bacteria that does not cause gurgling gas/burning but does cause PATM/TMAU2.

I also know my gut profile at that time from Metametrix (now called Genova) based on DNA anaylsis "PCR", and yes, there is a mix of the different bacteria (9 listed).  There is also a section where they would list bacteria that would be associated with disease, and I do not have any listed there, so I can rule those out (klebsiella, citrobacter, haemolytic e.coli, psuedomonas aeronomas, achromobacter, enterobacter, morganella, salmonella, staphylococcus aureus, vibro, yersinia)...however, there are many many more bacteria that they do not have in their DNA database, which are potential culprits.

Based on my research, I have some suspects:  brucella, serratia marascens, and proteus.   These fit some of the sypmtoms and characteristics of what I have experienced.  A PCR-based (DNA) test of these may be of some value, but I don't know of any such tests.

Did you say that you acquired TMAU 2 after taking antibiotics? How do you know you have TMAU 2? What do you think of betterdays7 comments pretaining to elevated temperature of our breath and how we fog up windows inside vehicles? Thank you for your response.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, no, I did not acquire TMAU2 after taking antibiotics, the TMAU2/PATM arose at the same time as the SIBO.  The antibiotics for the SIBO (Xifaxin) did not cause it.

I have positive test results from Cleveland Clinic for the TMAU2.  This test result is later than the SIBO, but the TMAU2 odors were present when I was diagnosed with the SIBO (no doctor thought to test me for TMAU2, I had to do this later on my own).

I don't fog up windows in car, but in an enclosed space, such as a meeting or classroom, people complain that it is hot/muggy, but not sure if I am causing this, so can't say I have this symptom.

Hello all. I hope everyone is having a great day and I would like to start off by saying I am encouraged by everyone's determination to scientifically prove if PATM is real and then find a cure (hopefully!). I feel like we have progressed over the timeframe of this forum, and more and more PATMers now share the same sentiment that if we are to cure PATM, we have to take the necessary actions to scientifically try and prove it first.

jn4357 and freeland1924, I truly feel better reading your efforts that you have taken to try and scientifically prove PATM. It makes me feel more confident that if all of us don't give up, we will find answers sooner rather than later.

First off you're hypothesis on Carbon Monoxide is interesting, but I have to add something. I happen to have a Carbon Monoxide detector in my room because it is mandatory for where I live. Over that last 12 or so years, it has never detected any Carbon Monoxide. I have tried breathing into it and just sitting next to it and still no alarm has sounded off. So I don't think it has anything to do with Carbon Monoxide.

Lastly, I just want to encourage everyone that we are a team, and are stronger in numbers. Let's try to reasonably work together to logically and scientifically solve this PATM mystery.
Put a frog in a vessel of water and start heating the water.

As the temperature of the water rises, the frog is able to adjust its body temperature accordingly.

The frog keeps on adjusting with increase in temperature...

Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog is not able to adjust anymore...

At that point the frog decides to jump out...

The frog tries to jump but is unable to do so, because it has lost all its strength in adjusting with the rising water temperature...

Very soon the frog dies.

What killed the frog?

Many of us would say the boiling water...

But the truth is what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when it had to jump out.

We all need to adjust with people and situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust and when we need to confront/face.

There are times when we need to face the situation and take the appropriate action...

If we allow people to exploit us physically, mentally, emotionally or financially, they will continue to do so...

We have to decide when to jump.

Let us jump while we still have the strength.

Reflect on It !!
Thanks, yes, that was brilliant for jn4357 to think of that and thank you for verifying that. At least now we have ruled out CO.

I had never thought of testing for CO for the main reason that other things produce too much CO in comparison to us. However, I am aware of the almost identical symptoms of CO and patm gas. What ever is causing patm is probably very similar is chemical properties to patm gas.. but that's only an assumption of mine.

Thanks to you and jn4357, we have ruled that out.
The more data I collect, the more I learn about the nature of the problem. There are a lot of things that don't seem to be what everyone initially thought 3-4 years ago. A while ago I made a list of all the things that each person has reported to work and the picture it paints is very different from what I expected.

I'm in the process of obtaining things to test something out and if it succeeds I'll publish it. Whatever the outcome, it will tell us more.

My problem now is ordering stuff that is very hard to get. I’ve looked over the internet it’s not even available in genuine drugstores and no wonder nobody has tried them.
Ray, please let us know of your trials asap. Whatever you feel now is probably what ‘s going to be as you progress further. I’m only after the outcome.
According to surgeons if you have had hyperthyroidism for 20 yrs., your tumour would be the size of a lemon on your neck. But subsequently you've had patm for over 40 yrs. therefore I suppose you have a giant orange hanging from neck by now, and probably kidney stones the size of golf balls or at least lost one of your kidneys by now.

Do you see any of these signs on you or perhaps weak bones given your age?

Have you had a thorough test to show elevated level of calcium in your blood/urine?

If indeed, then that’s proof that hyperthyroidism has direct links to patm. If not, then we have to rule that out.
I don't have any tumors and I am not calcium deficient according to my last yearly checkup which just a couple of weeks ago. They drew blood checked my cholesterol level, calcium level and my vitamin D level and everything is normal.

As far as my medication for SIBO...it's to early to tell whether it will help or not but I can say that PATM reactions have diminished quite a bit.
Yeah, it should show up by now either in your glands or bones blood tests. Your bones should be brittle as hell and show up on x-ray too. That’s good; at least we know hyperthyroidism is ruled out.  

Personally I lacked the confidence as SIBO being the problem, but since you're using the same antimicrobial that is available to all of us, the results itself gives hints to what it is. Besides we need to eliminate each condition whenever possible. But if it's working then it's great news.
Thanks for all the info.
Read this please:
"Abstract

Breath analysis is a young field of research with great clinical potential. As a result of this interest, researchers have developed new analytical techniques that permit real-time analysis of exhaled breath with breath-to-breath resolution in addition to the conventional central laboratory methods using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Breath tests are based on endogenously produced volatiles, metabolites of ingested precursors, metabolites produced by bacteria in the gut or the airways, or volatiles appearing after environmental exposure. The composition of exhaled breath may contain valuable information for patients presenting with asthma, renal and liver diseases, lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, inflammatory lung disease, or metabolic disorders. In addition, oxidative stress status may be monitored via volatile products of lipid peroxidation. Measurement of enzyme activity provides phenotypic information important in personalized medicine, whereas breath measurements provide insight into perturbations of the human exposome and can be interpreted as preclinical signals of adverse outcome pathways. "

Found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25014347

What do you think about that?
Personnaly I think there woulf be some material able to detect particuls found in our breath which are the cause of the reactions
I too seem to fog up windows on buses and cars…. I very often get people commenting that 'it is so hot' when they are near me. I think I generate a lot of heat through body or/and breath. Even when the temperature of air is normal or cool people comment that it is hot when they are close to me.
I don't know if this is related to patm.
I do sweat a lot from the head and back for some reason even fom just walking a little bit. I only started sweating a lot like this maybe just before or close to the time I noticed I had patm (many years ago :( ).

Ps I did have tonsillectomy and it did improve patm quite a bit but I still have patm :(
Avatar n tn
I also haf tonsils remove which helped patm somewhat. Even though very many of us including myself think its intestines, stomack, gas , fermentation, sibo, i cant help but notice reactions reduce when i brush teeth and reduced significantly after teeth cleaning but only lasts about 5 days. If it is a bacterual overgrowth it coykd be in the mouth of some of us. I also fog windws really badly. Fr years i focused on the mouth., i get terrbly thick white tongue coating
Avatar n tn
I definitely have all symtoms (symptoms) of hyerparathyroidism, including high calcium and cracking bones, but i dont think its cause of patm, got blood wrk fr it yesterday. , was aso given referal to integrative medical clinic. I finall told my boyfriend im the reason of his allergies. I really thought he had connected the dots on his own but says hes ust an allergy person, but said he woud look out for signs its coming from me. We been together year and half, and now i think he hinks im crazy. I went to hug him tiday and the vibe was different
Avatar n tn
I also had giant white stringy masses that came out during colon hydrotherapy. I used to always wonder if patm was fungus becase i get yeast evrytime i take antibiotic and a few times the yeast came with very first antibiotic pill. Coukd bethroat yeast. Who fudging knows
Please read below, we are getting close to determining what causes PATM.

If a fingerprint can tell someone who you are, a "breathprint" could reveal how you're doing.

That's according to Raed Dweik, the doctor who runs the pulmonary vascular program at the Cleveland Clinic's Respiratory Institute.

For the past two decades, Dweik has been studying the molecular patterns in breath that can reveal what's happening inside the body. In the same way that a pocket of air above the water level in a closed container carries signature molecules that reflect the composition of that water, our breath is directly linked to what's happening in our blood.

"A lot of people just think breath is what's in your lungs," Dweik told me. "We realize now that anything in your body that is eventually in the blood can be measured in your breath."

That includes diseases like lung cancer, liver disease, heart disease, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disease, all of which have "really distinct signatures in the breath," Dweik says. And the medical implications are major: Breath-testing devices—think of them as Breathalyzers that detect disease rather than alcohol—can be just as accurate as traditional blood testing or biopsies, only cheaper and far less invasive.

Ideally, Dweik says, breath analysis would be incorporated into a testing approach that would include an array of diagnostic tools. "The advantage of breath testing is that it's noninvasive and nonintrusive," he said. "It can be done anyplace, anywhere, anytime." A breath test can also be repeated as many times as necessary, whereas other tests—X-rays for instance—are limited for safety reasons.

Not every disease has a discernible breath signature, though. Dweik couldn't find a distinctive breath pattern in patients with esophageal cancer, for instance. And yet some conditions that carry specific breathprints were unexpected. Dweik included obese patients in a control group before realizing that obesity carries a unique breathprint of its own.

"It shocked us," he said. "And this is why I started to think of breath as really way beyond the lungs...We now have to look at what processes in obesity make [people's] breath different. Is it that they metabolize food differently? It opens lots of questions."

While some recent breathprint discoveries are scientifically surprising, the overall findings are deeply intuitive. Western medicine's earliest ideas about wellness were directly tied to breath. Ancient Greeks may not have understood the mechanics of breathing, but they knew it was essential for life.    

Today, researchers are trying to figure out whether someone who is concussed—a football player, for example—has a breath signature that might reflect his or her head injury. And though Dweik believes breath testing is the "next frontier" in medical diagnoses, technological advancements lag behind clinical ones. Some breath-analysis devices are still as big as washing machines, and require patients to visit the doctor to use them. (However, there are balloon-like breath-collection devices that can work for some patients who aren't well enough to travel.) Other devices are about the size of a landline telephone, but still have to be plugged into a power source, so they aren't fully portable.

The "Holy Grail of breath testing" would be a Breathalyzer-style device that a person could carry in her pocketbook and use any time, Dweik says. Manufacturers are already working on it. Vantage Health is using NASA technology to develop cancer-screening breath-test devices that could be attached to a smartphone and would relay data to an app.

These kinds of on-the-go screening devices could help a person monitor his health fro home, and figure out when it's time to go to the hospital—before a serious problem occurs. In the meantime, Dweik is continuing to identify breathprints for a variety of conditions. "The more we look into the breath," he said. "The more we find."
Wow...I also tested positive for hyperparathyroidism
1HIGH CALCIUM
2LOW VITAMIN D
3AND MY INTACT PARATHYROID HORMONE IS ABOVE NORMAL
Please how did you cure it? ,have you done the surgery?
Avatar n tn
Could these thing coming out during defaecation be mucoid plaques?
Avatar n tn
things*
That's an interesting post. Btw, try this and tell me what you think. It's quite interesting as it's one of the very first things I tried.

Get a whole papaya and half it, take one half and ground the seed on a plate and drink it with water. Tell me what you observe 8 hours later.

It's a funny experiment but it does give some important information. I don't know how it will go with your current medication so I leave that up to you.

I'm having a hard-time getting some of the stuff I need right now because of prescription demands.
Yeah, I'm just concentrating on exam preparation right now but’s that something interesting.  I’ll be looking into something within that area during break.
Ray said he has access to such facilities that can do that. I’m not sure where he works but it sound like some kind of a hospital.

@ray2502, by the way, where do you work? Is it a hospital? University?
NASA!
you're serious ? there is no material there for this kind of detection ?
Wow..but are you sure they have  gas spectrometers etc? Sorry for asking?
Just a follow up curious question. Why do they need something like that around? You have a very interesting work place.
NASA has their hands in everything. It's government controlled and most of it is cutting edge technology.

I was talking to a PHD in chemistry about all the equipment that they have in the lab. He mentioned mass and gas spectrometers. He also said that they work with all different types of inert gases and material/failure analysis so I guess they have to break everything down to it's molecular level. I know that some of the equipment is in the lab is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It's basically a huge chemical lab but I sure that there is a biochemistry lab on site.

This place is basically like a huge campus with buildings scattered though out a 100 acre complex. I will keep checking.
It's obvious that's what we need. You kept silent all this time while i spent time preaching for someone to take up the challenge hehehe.. just kidding… as I knew there are many scholars in our forum after reading tons of posts from previous years..

We will work on a plan once my exam is over. You are definitely correct. We don't want you to look like a loony. We have to approach in an appropriate manner.

I USED to have these symptoms just like you guys :

fogging up car windows
People near me saying it is so hot

So it appears this IS related to patm, I used to think it was because of my hypothyroidism

I still am hypothyroid, I now continue to remain patm free - without the above symptoms  because of my proactive healthy choices 365 days a year

God Bless always

Hey ray2502, I find your post captivating.. what do you do there man? I know you guys have security clearance and stuff if it’s government controlled so if I’m out of my league here for asking such a question then forget about it. I’m just curious about what do you do there? Are you a rocket engineer or something?..lol. I can’t help but wonder how on earth did have a NASA employee on our forum? Maybe we have other scholars from other areas and but they’re just mute and just observe. You must be paid a great deal of money each week.

Btw, here’s another question. I’m just keen to know if you’ve ordered something from a rogue drugstore before, like some of the ones they have in Canada, Mexico and Brazil etc.. Some say these drugstores don’t need any prescriptions so can provide anything. I normally get my stuff from the lab technician and other students but there are drugs that are so well guarded that doctors are sometimes reluctant to prescribe them unnecessarily lest they lose their license. So now I’m thinking of ordering stuff from underground sources but I need to know what’s the best out there? Have you got any experience with ordering medications from any of these unregulated drugstores?
Hey grateful2011, how are you? Hope things are going well always.

The fog is not usual, it's just vapour from our breath as expected..  Many labs in bio/chem courses will require students to measure things like humidity from any source very often so bio/chem/med students do this kind of thing everyday. We use meters like psychrometer/ hygrometer to measure vapour from any volume of gas.. i.e. atmosphere, trapped pressurised air, breath etc. There’s a high percentage of our breath is water vapour. If someone is curious whether they’re producing more vapour than usual, they can just grab a nice portable psychrometer like the following. It’s not every expensive. Or just borrow one from the lab like I do.

http://www.jondon.com/thermo-hygrometer-with-dew-point.html?gclid=CMWP4aayxMgCFUZqfgodongG5w

People say that we are hot when it’s warm but freezing when it’s just relatively cool. I have some speculation about that too but it’s confirmation though.
Working for NASA is not going to make you rich by any means. People that chose this career path do so for the love of science and not for the money.

Your right about other highly educated individuals keeping quiet. There out there.

Did you mention that your family members also have PATM? How do your family members react to each other? I have never come across anybody with my symptoms. It just seems we are very rare maybe a very small population of the 71/2 billion people in this world.

Unfortunately, I cannot do that because of company policy. We sometimes get drug tested and if we do not have a prescription then we get terminated.
Yeah, but no physical meeting, it's only skype.

"Your right about other highly educated individuals keeping quiet. There out there."

Yeah, like the programmer I was talking to a while ago. He's been at Uni and completed and started working to pay back his loan and now unemployed. That's sad.

" It just seems we are very rare maybe a very small population of the 71/2 billion people in this world."

That number could be wrong as many just keep quiet about it and continue on with their low profile life.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do that because of company policy. We sometimes get drug tested and if we do not have a prescription then we get terminated."

Gee man initial reading gave me the goosebumps and I had to read it again. I thought you meant they kill you guys for a minor misconduct of doing drugs..lol.. but a second reading I got what you meant. How do they get their employees?.. do they advertise on their own website or do some kind rigid selection process from uni students. just asking. Who knows I might even get an opportunity if I graduate to apply .lol. You never know.
Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing?
Wow! It's a cool new interface, it's like Google+ and youtube.. thanks to the medhelp.org team. They must have worked all night to make this happen. Very nice!
Hey Bro, sorry I couldn't reply to your post earlier. I hope that one day you can find a good job and get your life back.
The best time to apply is when your going to college. They have a co-op program where you take off a semester and work for them or you could do it during the summer. They are very selective and like to see how you work before they make you an offer of employment or you could just apply directly and make a good impression. NASA is all over the world so if your from Europe then you could apply there.

If you just want to get the work experience while your in school and not work for them then the internship is the way to go.

Hello soiledsystem,

While you were taking the  Xifaximin, did you experience migraine headaches? Also, my urine has a terrible smell. The best I can describe it would be like walking into a restroom that has the urinal out of service for a week. Very strong potent smell. Did you experience this also?

Ray---No and No...but again, Xifaxamin did not work at all in my case, I must have a different bacterial profile than you...when you say it is working, what exactly do you mean?  Less SIBO symptoms (intestinal symptoms like burning, roiling intestinal gas) or less PATM?
Hello soiledsystem,

I don't know if it's working but yes I do have intestinal symptoms like rolling intestinal gas, intestinal pain, migraine headaches and an awful urine smell.

PATM has increased quite a bit where I was at 4 in a scale of 1 thru 10 before meds now I'm at an 8 or  a 9. Don't know if I'm going thru a die off phase or not.

You didn't experience anything like this huh? What did you experience?
Recently I heard about a powerful lazer detection of particules developed by a team from Max Plank institute from Germany. The goal is to detect particules in the humain breath for cancer disease.
For sure that would be very interesting for patmers.
Could you please tell us more about the drug you have been taking, if we can buy it on the web, or even the name of the product, scientific name or any indication which help us look for that and perhaps that is the cure.
For sur that will be a valuable information to all of us.
Happy Friday y'all and thanx Medhelp for our great updated forum - u rock !!!!   Healthy tip:  oil pulling daily upon waking  
Before breakfast daily :  drink lukewarm water with fresh squeezed lemon  njoy
I have good news and some bad news.

First, the guys in our chem lab do have the ability to do an organic test using the Gas Chromatic Mass Spectrometer. They can take a healthy person's breath and use it as a standard to check an unhealthy persons breath. They will take the data and plot it and we should see the differences. Something should be out of the ordinary or stick out like a sore numb.

The bad news is that it would cost $2000.00 and I would be exposing myself to the company/government. I can try to buddy up with him to see if he might do it as a favor.

He is going to provide me with some names of gases that usually show up on people's breath that have cancer.
That’s great news Ray!!! Congratulations! I wish professors and researchers within my university were easy to approach. For once I was convinced that I’d be the one to do that experiment 5 years from now but looks like we may have a chance to do it much sooner. I think it’s better you guys do it because you have far superior equipments than ours or any other university out there. I feel jealous..lol.

Please try and befriend him if that’s possible and if not we’d need to raise some funds.

I think the best thing now is to thing about collecting samples. You can’t use yourself because you’re the one doing the coordination. So we need samples from others, 2-10 people would surely give good samples in case a repetition is needed.

We need to arrange some members with patm near you in the U.S. to come over with samples. Patmers giving samples must eat as much junk as possible 8 hours before donating samples.
Taking samples for patmer is easy! Just take an empty plastic bottle (like an empty thoroughly cleaned plastic coke bottle) which is air tight when closed, have the patm breath inside with a long bend straw that goes all the way to the bottom end of the bottle (bottle must be inverted when this process is done). Patmer must blow and push all the air out of the bottom of the inverted bottle to replace it with his own breath, the bottle must be closed air-tight still upside down. You can store all 10 samples of bottles and wait while we negotiate how to do this experiment. The lab experts can easily extract the sample when needed. The bigger the bottle the more sample you have lest the researchers want more samples later.

If we can identify the organic molecule(s) involved in patm, it will be case closed for patm. We can just ask the same people afterwards or some researchers elsewhere around the world to connect the dots between those molecule(s) and cellular processes within the gut/body etc.

I’m doing an assignment and reflecting on what to convince those researchers to do this experiment without looking like a total loony. What would it take other than money?
I stongly believe I have Hyperthyroidism, I have many of the symptoms, it links a lot of things for me, but I do not want to go to the doctor and get it diagnosed. Can I just live with it without having medication?
I agree with your ideas on private message. You can start with yourself to establish a pattern first. There’s just one problem with that. Because of the diet and medication you’re taking, it might lower the effect and therefore the overall result. For an experiment that cost so much we need to maximize the result and leave no room for errors.

One way you can counter that deficit is by proceeding on a junk diet during the holidays for two or more days and secure samples promptly and store, then you can return to your diet afterwards. If you are able to convince your researchers for a date, you can just acquire the stored sample to utilize that preferably.
Lots have been happening since my last post. I see CO has been ruled out, how about the other gases like HS, which is very similar as well. I know it has an odor but apparently low long term exposure causes olfactory fatigue?

Anyways I have been looking into IBS, SIBO and gut bacteria based on ray2502's GI doctor's diagnosis. Hopefully this will lead us into the right direction.

Ray2502, that's great to hear that you might have a chance at using the GCMS at your workplace. I would suggest trying to convince the guy to possibly do a test run to see how it works because your so fascinated in learning about it. Maybe he'll agree? At the same time he wouldn't know what your real motive is. If you do get a chance, I would just go back on a normal diet with no food restrictions of course, that should likely be enough. Just make sure that your patm reactions are noticeably higher than usual. I think eating lots of junk food may actually skew the results.
To add, you should first complete the treatment your doctor prescribed and if it does not work then try GCMS. Otherwise the results for both will be all messed up.
I myself had my tonsils removed which helped some.Allergy shots helped a lot. I also noticed eating salads helps. Maybe eating a vegetarian diet would actually cure us. I also stated taking two gas pills a day especially at night. Weird, but it works.

I was just recently diagnosed with alternating IBS. I also had an EGD performed and was diagnosed with mild inflammation due to acid reflux. Not anything else.
@jn4357, great ideas. We had a long discussion about that on private message. I did suggest to him to go on a junk diet prior to taking samples but perhaps staying on a normal diet is one way as you say. I think he’d choose to go on just a normal diet as it’s easier for him. It turns out he’s a family man with a successful career and kids probably our age in college. He’s got other priorities so couldn’t be bothered with things that many of the single guys would do. Hope you don’t mind me just revealing this part ray!

I really hope he can convince the researchers to do this test. If it does happen, I’m thinking about other things that could go wrong. For example mass/gas spectrometers looks at different ranges of molecular species. For example, what if they choose to only concentrate on just a range of large organic molecules but the source molecule is instead a small molecule like CO? If they don’t test for those ranges, then we wouldn’t know. Again I’m just hoping for the best as this all depends on what the researchers do and what we tell them to test for. Intriguingly, I’m have the suspicion that it will be within the Trimethylamine (N(CH3)3 ) molecular size range.

@ray2502, please collect all the information as much as possible. If he has notes, books, videos etc. that will help us understand more about the procedures then please let me know. I’m thinking if you fail, I’ll have a look if I can try once again to approach and convince researchers at our university. I tried approaching one before and he was so arrogant so I changed the subject altogether.
“Maybe eating a vegetarian diet would actually cure us.”
no it doesn’t, but it lowers patm. I’ve been on a vegen diet for years now and patm hasn’t disappeared. It has remained pretty much moderately low for years and it doesn’t get any better than that. I don’t know anyone in this patm community who’s ever said to have 100% patm free or cured completely from going on a vegetarian or vegan diet… you can call it a control mechanism if you must but it’s not a cure. If it was a cure, wouldn’t all patmers on the strict diet be cured by now?
And also remember that when people talk about percentage of their patm symptoms, it’s really a subjective measurement. My 70% patm free could be the same as anyone with 30% or a person with 99% percent. It’s all a subjective measurement of each one of us according to his own experience. I sit in labs with students and lecturers for hours so I believe many who claim to have 90% patm free would change their minds after a few hours in close encounters with other students on an enclosed space for hours at a time. Most of us test patm symptoms by going into a restaurant or bus and sit there for a few minutes or half an hour. I test mine by sitting in a lab with students face-to-face and discus materials for hours each day. So our measurement is not always the same therefore the percentage claim is not always trusted.
As my theory goes from one to another, this is where I stand. I agree that is some gas, but those Morg particles seem to be the hair of demodex mites. I think Morgellons is a form of demodex infestation and it attacks the nose and other easy paths to mucus. This is my ritual, seems to reduce PATM. Use Head and Shoulders to clear the fibers, it does, but does not kill the infection. I have lint rolled my body head to toes till there are no particles on the lint roll. Then I apply hair spray to my head and my whole body, yes, whole body, including groin area. Hair with alot of spray. Then hair spiking glue inside nose, that seems to be a big source. This seems to reduce the effect, but not eliminate. The gas I think is the byproduct of the infection and may either be the gas produced by the mites, or our own body's way of trying to repel it. We all have the identical situations, so this is not some gray area thing, its exact, its one thing, we have and I think Morg people may not have noticed as to notice this but they may have diff levels of PATM. This is a mite. The fibers you can see if you back-light with your cell or any light or the sun and a window or in your car when the sun is hitting  other parts, those fibers come from our bod and fly away, they are magnetically charged and that is how they move around. I think this is a demodex mite infection. I think Morg is a demodex mite infection.
Internet shows this as medicine for animals with Demodex: Mitaban Dip (Amitraz) .

Lets try this and report back.
Hey,

This is a very intersting study: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjH4O5_r6rM.
For thos who do not understand french, this doctor claim that he can detect intestin infection using breath. He claims that there is gas output from our breath which is the result of fermentation, the result of the activity of bacteria.

Please search google for more detailles about this doctor and his theory.

Unfortunatly, he is from france and may be expensive to travel there.

Sorry bad english.
I am from Algeria.
@BBoy123456, that’s a presentation, not a study. There are numerous claims by many professionals. His claim is most likely true but it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t help us. There could be hundreds of things going wrong in the gut. Our patm problem is a claim too. If we want to get out of our problem, we definitely cannot use other claims to solve our own claim. We need to use well founded studies.

Detecting diseases through breath test is straight forward on the fact that they are looking at different molecules within patients’ breath and determine if they are unique enough to identify a particular disease from others. So detecting a disease through breath analysis is not a new thing as long as researchers can find the particular molecule(s) in question and link it uniquely to a disease. The process of drunken drivers taking breath test is a form of molecular breath test for drunkenness so breath test is not a new thing. The new thing is when researchers discover a particular molecule(s) in the breath to tie uniquely to a disease.

Our current dilemma is that we don’t know what’s causing patm. We don’t know if it’s the gut, an organ, enzymes deficiency. And if microbes are involved, what kind is it? Is it a protozoan, worm, virus, bacteria etc.? So we don’t know what to look for at this stage. There could be hundreds or thousands of different molecules within our breath. To test for each one of them to where it leads could take decades and there’s a chance we’d miss a couple. Therefore if we knew exactly what the problem was and what particular gas it’s supposed to produce, wouldn't we just go straight to the expert in that field and ask for help.. but that is our problem we don’t know that. The possibility for whatever source it may be is enormous.

What ray2502 is doing is trying to cross referring at least two plots of organic molecules(s) from a patmer and a normal person and compare to cancel out similarities and leave out differences to stick out like a thumb as he said it. It’s much easier that way to just track in reverse, once we have the isolated molecules in question, the chemical pathway to the source within the body. The source could be the intestine, microbes in the liver etc. The reason why we can trust the idea of Gas Chromatic/Mass Spectrometer, is because it prevents any chance of excluding patm in the test itself.It's like a fishing net design to capture all fish and none excluded. Almost any other test that we do has chances of patm being excluded. Other form of test can come later but once we isolate the molecules in question with this initial test, everything else is easier.

What I’m worried about is that researchers might not accept ray2502’s approach. They said it themselves, its $2000. If that doesn’t happen or something goes wrong, we are looking at many more decades of more frustrating journey.

I think personaly that Dr Donatini  is revolutionary. Why? Did you already try to explain to someone Patm and tell you that you are crazy ? I am sur that you did. This desaese is so special, and even trying to explain to someone what patm is, is not possible, you will not able to expalain him. But me, I am patmer and I know what it is.
The reason why I believe in Dr Donatini approach, is that he use material for bacteria detection in breath and the various gas from the body. Dr Donatini do not know Patm. But his approach is more likely to detect this so special desease. I do not know if he will effectivly solve the issue, but, to the best of my knowledge, no professor or specialist of that kind did already speak about desease detection using breath.
Our body is emitting molecules for which others react. That why Dr Donatini approach can be interesting.
For sur understanding patm is not an easy task. If that was the case, that certainly be solved for years from no.

This is my analysis. When we cough, the body is reacting to some strange particules. That could be virus, or any other strange element to the body. This means that the concentration of toxines in our body is anormaly elevated.
Dr Donatini claims that there is two aspects of interstin infection: bacterial and hormonal. Fortheremore, he proposes a cure.

Patm is very strange and painful condition.Hundreds of desease are not explained for now. Think about mycose for example. Also, even when certain desease is known, sometime no cure is proposed.
So, patem, for the time of this writing, do not belongs to any of the categories. Why? It is not even recognized. No doctor know this desease. The medical community do not know how to proceed.

That said, keep working guys, may the change be with all of us !  
chance, sorry.

My patm begins when I was 20. That simply break my life. I
abandon the studies at the university. No one understand what happen with me or even think that I was crazy. Thinks to the internet, I was able to read stories about others who lives the same condition.That was like a light in the dark !.
Now I know that others live the same situation. For me, this information is like solving the issue itself ! Because for years I do not understand what happen when others react to me. Do they hate me? Are they some secret service wishing torment to me? That's crazy. After that, alone with my head, I begin to explain to myself why this happening.

That a short story about what I lived.

Just to add, I read that some patmers are cured using antibiotic. Others have stopped  dairy. Other have used diet. Well, that excellent. I wonder  why that do not work for other.  
Hey all.

Just a quick question.

Does anybody here has a hypothesis for how long the projection of our molecules can be? In other words, how far away can someone be before they begin to experience reactions? Seems to me like it could be 20-50 feet.

If anyone else has any information on this it'd be helpful to me.

By the way, incredible work everyone here is doing. I'm getting more and more confident that we will reach a cure by the end of this year, if not then next year!

best.
So how did you figure out... what do you think it is?

I have kind of a similar/ same story, just interested... especially at the beginning the complete confusion is killer.
When you hear nd see others with it is the first bit of light I agree...
Then when you can start to see every reaction can be for different reasons, not the same... the second bit of light..

What do you think now?
Well, I am pleased to share my experience and my thougths with you.

Patm is a natural phenomenon. Very painful and inconfortable, but NATURAL.
That said, we have to find a solution to this desease.

Btw, I heard about an announcement on "change.org". That could be interesting in the way of a solution.
Recall the following news. Customers experiencing an issue with their Mac laptop have written an announcement on "change.org". Some days after that, Apple had  recognized the technical problem and proceed to change the faulty component to all the users. Many people have had to report their issue to the concerned authority.

That is what we have to do. Please try to sign on "change.org" the patm announcement. This may lead us to be more supported and, why not, to a cure.

regards  

Does anyone else here experience reactions when people are at least 20 feet away from you or is it only me? Just wondering.

I feel like this 'cloud' that surrounds us might potentially have a radius of like 30 feet going all around us.

I might just be paranoid.

By the way I did go on the vegan diet for about a month and I didn't notice any reactions diminish. I cheated last weekend (it was my birthday) and ate sugar and meat and drank alcohol but i'm back on this extreme diet where I don't eat any grains, dairy, gluten, sugar or meat.

To those to did in fact go on this diet: how long did it take you before you begun to notice reactions diminish?

Also if anyone has any advice for temporary relief can you please share it with us? I want to in fact prove to myself this I have this disease.

Thank you all for reading, and I get a reply from someone.

Best wishes.
I only get reactions from people that are at the most two feet away. Anything further can be caused by dust in the air or many other things. Be careful because the brain can be your worst enemy...Good luck.
Avatar n tn
Is PATM and bad breath connected ?
Avatar n tn
in work i have seen pepole 49 feet away get crazy from me
you get reactions with in two feet only! I get reactions like a 100 feets away!! Also I could be locked up in my room my family's reactions are still as bad out in the living room.

I have noticed the reaction being about 20 feet, when I am having a really bad reaction day. Those days only happens after I take a lot of medications. Medications definitely makes it worse!Eating junk food most importantly, gassy foods,makes the reactions worse.

I also noticed animals scratch or lick themselves constantly when around me.

One thing that I have also noticed is gas pills helps some guys! I take two at night and two in the morning. I also drink lemon water or tea with lemon juice. That helps as well. Eat. If your hungry eat. Calm down. Stressing out makes it ten times worse. Drink Apple juice. That seems to work for me as well. Also, taking a bath at night and shower in the morning also helps. Tongue scraper! That helps. Rest, and lots of it! Wash, all the time. Wear clothes once and wash.

I feel it may possibly have something to do with some form of morgellons. I hate to say it. The only difference is that there are no scars or open wounds.

I also believe it is some form of gas. This PATM happened to me right after having surgery. I haven't been the same since. I have paid attention to every constant changing thing happening to my body. It feels as if I am a lot older than I am. I have had gallbladder surgery believing it was bile acid. I have had a tonsilectomy believing it was bad breath from tonsils stones. An EGD believing it was some crazy SIBO infection or h.pylori, even an hiatial hernia. I have had a stool test, blood test, x Ray, and a ct. Scan. All tests comes back negative! How is that possible? I feel horrible!!!
Stressing seems like it has a lot to do with it as well. Meditate, don't smoke, or drink. Try to not focus on it. I repeat whatever I see the person in front of me reactions was. Lol! It makes it fun.

Oh one question. Does anyone react to themselves sometimes?
You said allergy shots helped. What allergy did you have?

What do you mean "react to themselves"? I do sneeze and sniffle sometimes, but it may be environmental.
Avatar n tn
I read that gallbladder issues could relate to parasites. Im actually doing a parasute cleanse now and the first few days got lots of action in my body. In india some groups do parasite ceanses yearly.

Yes i react to myself. I make myself sneeze usually after a big yawn. A few tines while using oxypowder. I let out some huge loads, and whatever i relased was in the air and i had coughing attack.

Bornto be-were u tested for sibo,? im leaning toward that, seeing gastroenterologist Tuesday
Borntobe, never react back....
I know it's so tempting and gratifying, but just leave the person, have a positive thought and get them out of your headspace or aura...
Avatar n tn
hi sorry for my bad english hope you understand.
i have don all the test for bad breath but they say im good but when im round ppl i see them hold there nose and look at me.
do you think its not bad breath ?
It is not bad breath. I ask everyone I am comfortable with whether my breath stinks and they always answer back no. I found out my immune system was very low. I started to become allergic to everything airborne. Grass as well. Which was very odd for me. So my allergist recommended allergy shots to build my immune system back up again.  I also decided to get the allergy shots because I heard that suggestion from another PARKer. Yes, I do have I.B.S which seems so smiliar to S.I.B., my gastrointestinal doctor told me that I may have I.B.S after I described to her the abdominal pain in under the belly button and the mucus in stool. Your stool tells a lot about your health. I have had my gallbladder taken out the test showed nothing wrong but he did tell my fiance that it appeared slightly not normal. I looked at the picture of it after the surgery and it only seemed a little dry looking. Otherwise, normal.  

I react to myself whenever I open my mouth really wide like, when I brush my teeth, I lean forward towards the mirror andopen my mouth wide, and instantly begin to rub my nose. My kids have actually told me whenever they are around me and especially when I talk, it feels like hairs crawling up their nose or tickling down their throat which makes them cough as well. I figured carbon dioxide does the same thing to people. I noticed that whenever I get out from surgery and have gas mask on. My face and nose itches like  crazy!! This is why gas pills seems to work for me a little. Gas can also have an effect from people farther away as well. This could explain why reactions are happening far away . Mucous glands could be where it is affecting. Which unfortunately are darn near all over the inside the body.

Has anyone noticed a change in their stool ? Who has silent GERD or Gerd that doesn't seem to go away with medications? Who has IBS or SIBO symptoms? Who has a vitamin deficiency? Who suffers from low immunity? Is the gender in this group a majority of females or males? Who notices animals licking themselves or shaking themselves off After coming in contact with you? Headaches from people around you? Dizziness and confusion from people being around you?
Hey I'm new but I also have the same problem, I posted my detailed story in some german forums and don't wanna put it out. But in some other Forum somebody is convinced that he has the 100% Cure. But I don't know if the medicine is risky, so I want to ask you, if it could really be the solution or if it's just a troll.  Here's the medicine:

"NEXIUM HP (it is a package medicine, inside: 1. Nexium 20 mg, 2. Amimox 500mg, 3. Klacid 500mg ) every 12 hours on empty stomach for one week! Then seperately FLAGYL 200gr every 8 hours for one week on empty stomach! I promise it is 100% CURE!!!! It got rid off just in one week! IF you still have you can continue second week, it depends which level you have the sickness!
Because we have bakteries and mushroom in our guts, nexium will soften your stomach and removes the mushroom and bakteries and Flagyl is antebiotic, it kills the rest of bakteries and mushrooms then you are healthy again. Enjoy life guys!"
That's what he posted. Do you think this could be really the solution?
Hi ALL!

Hope everyone is hanging in there! I am still actively pursuing answers for this medical mystery. I like to think we were chosen to deal with this for a reason.

I am messaging because I would love to get together with a few of you guys!! Who lives in the Midwest United States?? I am in Iowa. I am willing to travel to neighboring states... Also- I travel often for medical conferences and for fun so I'd love to meet up with you if I am able. Please message me on this site and let me know where you're living. Would LOVE to get to know you guys more.

Rachel,
tennis89
Hello of you. I am PATMER that lives in Japan.
It becomes impossible to endure sniffing and having a fit of coughing and the nose from surrounding people has been stopped though it was a student. The bulletin board of Japan is talked about about PATM.
Everybody suffers. I seem to crumble, too. Please help.
I'm sorry by poor English.
in some other Forum somebody is convinced that he has the 100% Cure. But I don't know if the medicine is risky, so I want to ask you, if it could really be the solution or if it's just a troll.  Here's the medicine:

I read that too, but no idea if it works or not, sorry for that. I wonder if it work.
I am trying that for one week, no result. Will try other tricks and let you know. Also, some patmers have already posted some tricks that may help. Read the previous post.

Good luck
Thank you for your response dude. I just came on this forum today and there are 9200 comments, so I don't really know which previous post you mean.
It would be nice, when you could tell me what you mean. Thx

And another question, from where did you get the Nexium HP? From your doctor? I can't find any in the internet.
NEXIUM20 is prescribed with the doctor for me.
It is because there is a pain in the stomach. Moreover, it is light GERD
To our regret, it is not effective in PATM.
I have not used Nexium HP, but another product with the same effect, plus an anti anaérobic. No result as said before.

About the previous posts, some persons suggestion are diets, avoiding sugare, protein, L-glutamine powder, taking lemon juice, and the like.

So take time and read, mainly the most recent, an even older post, there will be useful and valuable info.

Good luck
King2700 i was prescribed nexium by my ent doctor and later dyfilan by my gp and it did stop it while on the meds but returned once stopped. I had no intention of staying on reflux meds from now on. Silent reflux was a concern of mine at one time which i posted probably years ago. Still searching...
The other thing about GCMS is for the mass spec you need to have a really good and large reference library in order to find a good match. Ideally the matchability should be above 70 to 100 ( which is a perfect match) to be significant.

With collecting the breath samples that may  be hard as you do not want to contaminate the sample or have any other confounding factors. In a study I read using GCMS they cleaned the equipment with nitrogen gas first etc.

Someone once told me that a better type of equipment for analyzing breath besides GCMS is Fourier Transfer-Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) and you some way/how can just blow into the device rather than collecting a sample. Making it much easier to do the experiment.
Hi borntobe,

In regards to being allergic to airborne allergens, I have the same issue. It is weird because I have never had allergies until having patm. I went to an allergist the first time and found out that I was allergic to dust, pollen only. Then the second time I went because I wanted to try the allergy shots and had to do the skin prick test again and discovered I was allergic to more airborne allergens such as mold and more types of pollen!!!!. This is nuts.

My theory is whatever this irritant is, is effecting our mucus membranes, making them very dry and reducing their ability to protect us from allergens thus making us susceptible.

I was reading an article yesterday on causes of sore throat and interestingly enough there is a similarity between the mediated response to allergens and cold dry air meaning the symptoms are the same. I always hear people make an excuse that their reactions are related to being cold.

To answer your question about animals licking themselves etc. I have a dog and he scratches himself when I am near him, does the shake, and has a plugged up nose as well. This patm thing really ***** essentially we are attacking peoples immune systems and making them sick, who knows what the long term effects are.
One last thing, I want to keep an open mind, as there are people on this forum that have posted things that may or may not make sense or don't necessarily agree with.

But I want to say if you think its demodex or high  PTH levels or anything else. I strongly suggest that you see a doctor to confirm your suspicions/check it out.  Or even find a supporting article that may lead us to something. We need to work at this, I am tired of letting the days go by. I feel we might be close to it. We need to make connections to what others are saying and hopefully we'll find the answer.  If you can, see as many doctors as you can (sounds dumb) but you never know.

Lets not focus on one thing for too long, but instead keep it on the side while exploring/researching other things. For example, instead of looking at patm coming from inside us, maybe its from a bacteria on our skin. I recently learned that we produce volatile fatty acids on our skin (butyric, propionic and acetic acids) maybe we are producing more of one kind.  

This is just my plea, please don't take it personal or think that I'm suggesting you aren't working hard enough etc. I just want us to keep at it and not give up.

Thanks everyone!  
funny how you mentioned the cold air environment...the moment i walk into a cold grocery store, "it" fires off like a canon and makes somebody cough...every single time.  not sure if "it" doesn't like the cold (after all, we seem to generate a hot/stuffy environment around us)

anyway, i agree, we have to keep open minds about this, and remember that there may not be just one PATM, but several subtypes (electrical phenom. type, dust/fibers type, etc.)

my current research topic is that it inhabits the hair follicles (head/crotch), bacterial in origin, feeds off oil in follicle, doing experiments...

also, could be a bacteria that inhabits glands, working on that too
It's not for you soilsystem, the interface keeps changing back and forth between the old one and new and it's confusing.
Hi, folks,

This thread will be closed to new comments today. With nearly 9400 posts, this thread has become difficult to navigate -- it's loading slowly for existing participants, and it's difficult for new members to find a place to jump in.  

Please know that this thread isn't going away -- it contains a great deal of valuable information that you've contributed over the past 8 1/2 years.  You'll still be able to view all of the posts for your reference, but this thread will be closed to new comments.

The PATM Community is still here, and will remain open.  To see all of the threads in this community, including the newest posts, click here:  
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/People-Allergic-to-Me-PATM/show/312

Please feel free to start a new discussion by clicking the "Post A Question" link near the top of this forum's page."  There are already quite a few questions from new members who are hoping for answers from those of you who have some experience with PATM.  This may also be a good time to start topical threads about PATM (e.g., "what is PATM?", "symptoms", "treatments that have worked", etc.)

Thanks,
Claire

Avatar n tn
when there us a new thread someone post link here, i cannot lose touch with these people
Hi, meowkitty,

You can see all of the threads in this community here:

Hope this helps!

Claire
Viewing 9201-9361 comments:
This discussion was closed by MedHelp moderators.