Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
Can't Identify Bumps on my Ferret
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can't Identify Bumps on my Ferret

My ferret has 2 bumps on his body I can not identify. The first one appeared last fall - started as what looked like an insect bite - but grew - looks like a small cyst - round, pink in color. When my ferret scratches it, it will weep and bleed some.  This lump is about an inch behind his right shoulder. My ferret is still acting like his normal self - eats fine, drinking water, plays, runs, all the ususal ferret behaviors.  He is going to the bathroom normally and still sleeping per his self - except to scratch at this bump.  About 2 weeks ago, I felt a very small lump near his right whisker line - now, this lump has grown to the exact size - actually, exact same everything, as the first bump.  What do I do?  He is miserable scratching at these bumps - I am worried sick - and am afraid there is something seriously wrong with my ferret.  He was a "rescue" ferret -so the only information I have on him is what the Animal Rescue League in Boston told me when I adopted him.  He has always been healthy, otherwise.  Please help me. Do you have any ideas, or should I just bring him to a vet?
Type of Animal
:  
Ferret
Age of Animal
:  
4 Years Old - Approx.
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Sable Mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
July 07, 2007
City
:  
Boston
State/Province
:  
MA
Blood Test Results
:  
All records at Animal Rescue League of Boston
X-Ray Results