Pet Skin Problems Forum

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

1 - 20 (of 100) questions
Ive switched my dog back to duck/potato food because while switching to venison/potato, her skin itching,hair loss, flaking, along w/ear infections/redness, increased. My question is, in the meantime, with all the itching & flaking of s...
Kendal | Last answer
we just rescued 2 bearded dragons from a sancturary....they were sitting in a room miserable and im sure nobody would have taken these two so i did... one of them has a broken jaw, but seems to have healed, he eats just fine and when he ...
turkee23 | Last answer
I am dog sitting for a couple of weeks right now and the dog is miserable. He has some sort of unknown allergies but is on a low grade food (beneful) and horrible smelling skin. He is beet red in his ears, armpits and abdomen. The...
Tammy2009 | Last answer
My dog has long hair, so I only noticed this last time i gave her a bath. She has a patch of bald skin on her back. It's small, probably 1 inch across, and a little flaky. It's near where I usually put frontline on her, so I'm wonderi...
anigail82 | Last answer
Hi, Sometimes my female rabbits fight over the food bowel or who gets to the water bottle first, even though I have two of each in their cage! One will get a superficial cut sometimes from when they fight, but not major to be seen by...
ChitChatNine | Last answer
Over the past few months, my cat has been losing fur on her back legs and around her butt area. We think she might be over-grooming. None of the other cats are losing any fur and no one seems to be scratching. They do not have fleas or a...
Soybean2010 | Last answer
My cat has a lot of bumps on her entire body. She hasn't had this condition in about 5 years. I was told she was allergic to Frontline so I changed to Advantage. Because she is an indoor cat she hasn't had any threat of fleas so I don...
Nettie185 | Last answer
My dog is biting any part he can until his skin is raw or bleeding. His shin flakes like he has dandreff. He is missing patches of hair where he been chewing. He has been to the vet and been on antibotics nothing seems to help him. What ...
brandi406 | Last answer
My dog keeps biting the tip of his tail as if it were very itchy. A friend told me that this is symptomatic of worms/intestinal parasites. Is this possible ? If not, what else could it be ?
Rickjoy | Last answer
Our old boy has been going through bouts of itchy red circles all over his body. These areas lose fur and are scabby in the middle. It seems to get worse when the weather begins to warm up (maybe pollen?). He has been tested for allergi...
nwiguy | Last answer
My dog chubby, is about a year old, maybe a few months over a year, She has long hair, and he constantly is scratching or licking or biting himself, we've tried everything, we've given him 2 flea baths, flea powder, shaving him, it doesn...
kaiti30 | Last answer
Hello, I was scratching my dogs stomach the other night, and I noticed her nipples are still a little swollen sincer she was in heat ( which happened over Christmas) .. So i slightly squeezed one of them, and this yellowish stic...
ifitsnotaboxer | Last answer
Our dog is constantly licking the spaces between his toes. The area is kind of musty smelling and is brownish in color. He does this to mostly one foot.
Marsha1146 | Last answer
my dog weighs about 10 lbs. i noticed a small lump on his eyelid about 3 months ago.it didn't seem to bother him or cause any discharge so i've left it alone, hoping it would go away. i examined it today and it looks bigger. It is soft t...
tiger603 | Last answer
Our older cat Buddha seems to have become fixated in biting her tail to the point where she's chewing the hair off the end of it. I'm wondering what we can do for her? Why is she doing this anyway? She's never done anything like this b...
daniebelle | Last answer
My little dog as she has gotten older has developed these at different places on her body. The first time one appeared the vet cut it off and tested it and said it was fine but that I could expect her to get lots more. She has and up til...
Greysean | Last answer
My dog has been having skin problems since October 2009. It started with several small dry looking patches on her inner front legs and later inner back legs. After taking her to my regular vet she was diagnosed with a staph infection and...
Jl118822 | Last answer
My ferret has 2 bumps on his body I can not identify. The first one appeared last fall - started as what looked like an insect bite - but grew - looks like a small cyst - round, pink in color. When my ferret scratches it, it will weep an...
GoonieFerret | Last answer
My Dog fell off our bed and landed on his right side of his face. Now it is swollen. I cant afford the $200 emergency vet fee. What do I do? He wont let me touch him and put ice on it, but he did eat his breakfast. Thank you for any ans...
Tiffany1228 | Last answer
My 7 year old Shih tzu has seborrhea on her tail and back, it is seeming to spread. My vet gave me special shampoo (Pyoben) to use to help with it, but the problem is I am not good about giving her baths multiple times a week. Are there ...
ng15 | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now