Aa
A
A
Close
Hernia Community
Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.
1 - 20 (of 298) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I have an inguinal hernia, right side. I’ve done a lot of research online, & it’s looking like I’ll go for Lichtenstein or Open pre...
My 1.5 years old baby got admitted in hospital to have a Hernia surgery done. The insurance company rejected the claim saying it falls un...
12 years ago I had Exploratory surgery on my abdomen. 2 children CSections ages now 8 and 5. No future children. I had a lower area vent...
Hi,(posting this again in a different place because I am unsure who to ask for help or who can help) I have been having trouble breathing...
I had surgery months back (10/2015) to repair a hernia under my belly button as well as to close a small hole on the inner wall of my bel...
(22 y.o male, 180lb) 2 1/2 weeks post op of my umbilical hernia surgery (small hernia, open repair, no sutures needed) I went to a friend...
I went to the physician to get a physical and I told her I have a squishy are in my left gentinal, she said it could be a hernia, if it i...
I had inguinal hernia on both sides. I opted for open surgery on Nov 2015. Post that i haven't had any physical activity except walking. ...
For the last 1 1/2 years or more I have been experiencing what I thought to be a classic hernia. Brought on by cough, sneeze, pulling wee...
3 answers | 2 comments |
I went to the doctor yesterday for this dull, constant ache I have been having right under my belly button. Some days, it is there more t...
I have had a lump for years on the inside of my leg by bakini area. It started being the size of a small marble and over the past week I...
My doctor keeps telling me the pain I have is a normal part of the healing process. It's been nearly 2 years now! I started doing my own ...
436713 tn?1408888330
Hi guys. I'm hoping someone can help. For over a year I have had fullness in my upper right quadrant - in the area just under my low ribs...
I was operated on 6th May last year. I had small visible direct inguinal hernia on left side. It was only visible when I push it,and of s...
1 answer |
I have taken treatment for belly butun infection but another problem is something like intestine is coming out from my belly button when...
Can you take a laxative to relief constipation if you have a large abdominal hernia waiting for surgery?
2 answers |
14789551 tn?1436525862
Diagnosed with Hernia, Need to know will it be successful & effective to have a treatment done in India? Does Laparoscopic Hernia Repai...
1 answer |
Hello, 2 months ago I had an incident where a ski chair lift came behind me and 'scooped' me up unexpectantly and my whole stomach especi...
1 answer |
Hey everyone! Thanks for accepting me in to the group. I have not been diagnosed with anything yet (other than gallstones two years ago) ...
1 answer |
Hey all, I am getting pain and pressure on the right side of my waistline above my groin. I don't l know why it comes often. When I use b...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hernia Community Resources