Aa
A
A
Close

Vitamin D Community

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

1 - 20 (of 264) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I started taking cod liver oil and coconut oil supplements as of last week, but after taking them I couldn't sleep. I'm going on 5 days of not sleeping. I took the recommended dose at night and I noticed on the bottle that it has alot o...
Jennabeanie | Last answer
Hello everyone. My brother has hepatitis B and I told him to start vitamin D3 supplements, because he is always indoors and his alt/ast don't look very good. I thought that a reasonable dose to start (before testing for vitd and pth, wh...
chaospt | Last answer
Excuse me for my English as it is not my first language. My name is Moe, 33 years old, healthy and happy guy. My story began on April 2015 when suddenly I had urine urgency feeling, like I need to pee all the time while the bladder is em...
Offliner | Last answer
16923519_tn?1452423391
Hi all, sorry for my English, it is not my language. Everything started 4 months ago. First tingling in my hands, after that tingling in my feet. I went to a neurologist, MR, EMG, tests, everything came normal. But my symptomps got wo...
Estherye | Last answer
535822_tn?1443980380
Last year I had a blood panel done and it showed I had low vit D of 25.9 ...Last few weeks I have had some unpleasant symptoms and wondered if there was any connection. I get dizzy at times, light headed a lot ..aches and pains ..mild he...
margypops | Last answer
So... 6 months. It *****. I just received lab results from my latest bloodwork, and my levels have gone up only 8 points since January. It all started at the end of September My levels were at 20ng/mL, I went on 50,000iu of D2 for 2 ...
aggie___w | Last answer
I'm recovering from a Vitamin D deficiency. My levels (accordiong to my endo) were 16 (im assuming ng/ml).. I was supplementing with 6-8,000 IU of D3 daily. I was told that my serum levels have gotten up to 70, but unfortunately I'm stil...
mcc23 | Last answer
16041851_tn?1448762887
Hi, I one day out of no where (2 weeks ago) started feeling shortness of breath and having to yawn so much to get a full relief of fresh air. I started to get anxious and going into panic attacks because I couldn't feel a full relief of...
wifemomteacher | Last answer
11371651_tn?1417632432
I'm a 31 male. All this for me started Oct 1st, it first started with a twitching (not tremor) right index finger, which stop after a couple of days but then my right hand started to become tight and painful, sometimes it was as if I cou...
HunterD | Last comment
Over 2months ago in jan 8th, when i took generic benadryl with dextromorphan, acetomeniphen, phenyleprine,(pill. after about an hour, noticed i loss about 99 of smell which in turn made me unable to taste certain flavors. Throughout the ...
PMDER1 | Last answer
Hi. Im so confused as im doing my own research. I haven't been told much other than my vitamin D level is seriously low ?? 7.5 and I had to ask for that. Can anyone tell me in layman's terms how bad that is? Im suffering with pain, weakn...
shell4sky | Last answer
I've had a headache for 4 months. And lightheadedness. It is constant. I don't even know what type of headache it is... one doctor said tension, another said migraine. My CT scan came back normal. Finally I just now had an abnormal t...
modric | Last answer
Hi, I'm a 17 year old Female and I just got my blood work back and I have a low of 17 vitamin D level. I've noticed for the past two years that I have hip pain and I figured it was from running. I run track and I notice this pain the mos...
Bre_nichole | Last answer
I had some blood work done cause I have been feeling run down. The nurse called me next day and told me my vitamin d level was a 7 and very low. She said calcium was okay. I was prescribed prescription strength vitamin d 50,000 units on...
amandaelmo | Last answer
Hi all, First post so I hope it isn’t too long. I am 33 and live in the UK (so not much sun around) About 6 weeks ago I experienced muscle weakness in hands, legs and arms. I visited the GP and after a couple of weeks I was...
JohnUK1981 | Last answer
I'm 64 and my Vitamin D Deficiency most likly started many years ago! For 22 years I was on Submarines in the U S Navy then played electrician for 22 more in office buildings and so on. About 4 years ago I was stung on on my arm buy...
Jimmyj2 | Last answer
Hello, I am a male, 28 yrs old. I started medications for hypertension (amlodipine) and high cholesterol (crestor) in Dec 2013. After seven months on these I developed weird symptoms. I have been suffering from fogginess for the past 9 ...
gyani123 | Last answer
Hello everyone I have a vit d deficiency. Mine was at a 4 should be 3o . I was wondering if all my symptoms are related to that . They can find nothing else wrong.. and since I'm on my 5th pill shouldn't I feel better by now ? My sym...
Autumnsmommy529 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency in January this year. I have been taking 5000IU daily since then. I just had my values recheck and I am now at 63 :) What would be a good maintenance dose to continue? Unfortunately, I live in Oh...
hrfran | Last answer
Is it possible to develop kidney stone when calcium level in blood is normal? My vit d level is 46 ng. Taking 2000 iu of vit d3 for 7 months?
pong58 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamin D Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...