Aa
A
A
Close

Trigeminal Neuralgia Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

1 - 20 (of 506) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
485259_tn?1326312778
I have had Trigeminal Neuralgia for about a year now. At first it was severe, more the type 1 classic and mostly the horrible pain was in my head. Later spread to my face. Now I have been diagnosed as type 2 or Atypical TN with the const...
painterchic | Last comment
Have struggled with trigeminal neuralgia for years, presently taking tegretol under a neurologists care, wondering if anyone ever experiences pain basically in one tooth area, dentist says he does not see an issue, do not know whether to...
Geryllynne | Last answer
I've posted in a few other forums... Basically I woke up one morning a few weeks back with the left side of my face numb. Since then I had one episode where both cheeks were on fire. Woke me up in pain. Since then, the strange se...
Tammy051978 | Last answer
So about a year ago I was diagnosed with TN and its been a long journey and we still have not found any type of medication or combination of medicines to work yet. I feel like im running out of options. Since they found no cause for my T...
kataraa | Last answer
Hello there, wanted to ask if anyone here is familiar with the Ultrasound treatment? Been reading a bit about it and wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it or has any positive feedback? Thanks!
PatriciaCo | Last answer
I‘ve been having very recent neurological symptoms and no diagnosis has been given yet despite several tests and dr appointments. Trigeminal neuralgia is a diagnosis being considered by my doctor but my head pain is mild and not excruci...
frustratedandworried22 | Last answer
Went on TEGRETOL, which got rid of lower jaw pain. Still on it, but still have some sensation/feeling/mild discomfort, particularly in AM.. Will this go away? Need to increase dose? Appreciate comments.
richardbarry | Last comment
Went through root canal. Prior and post pain diagnosed by neurologist, Went on Tegretol and PAIN is GONE. Still on medication but there's still a "feeling" in lower jaw. Enough to be bothersome, but not painful. Is this normal with med...
richardbarry | Last answer
After Tegretol gets rid of the PAIN, is it possible to still have some feeling, mild discomfort in lower jaw?
richardbarry | Last answer
I have been having pain in the left side of my teeth, upper and lower for the past few days. I had a root canal done on 6/13 on a lower tooth on the left side. Prior to getting root canal done I had pain only in lower teeth on left side ...
phillyteamhater | Last answer
All my symptoms of pain fit trigeminal neuralgia & that's my drs current diagnosis, but my "episodes" of pain generally last 20 minutes - has anyone else experienced that?
leanneblanco | Last answer
I have trigeminal neuralgia Diagnosed 2013. Determined idiopathic. It usually is a quick, intense pain but then subsides. Not now. Recently I've been diagnosed with eosinophilia. Too many of eosinophils a type of white blood cell...
Moonflower09 | Last answer
I seek help and am new to Medhelp. My mom whose 55 year old, has been experiencing vague symptoms for 1 year after tripping over a step at a friends house in April 2014. Ever since then been experiencing head numbness, jaw feel rub...
hollister1988 | Last answer
For two years I have dealt with burning on the tip of my tongue and tingling. Sometimes it feels like my gums on both side of tongue and gums are swollen. I am on B12 shots and have been for over two years. Can anyone please help.
Sloughing | Posted
605458_tn?1265086851
Twelve years ago I had microvascular decompression of the left trigeminal nerve. I was 26 years old. I had mostly sharp shooting pain episodes, and an underlying constant burning pain. The surgery got rid of the pain. This year, the pain...
PenelopeAnn | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with TN and ON. My neurologist prescribed Tegretol but in his words "Is not very optimistic that this is going to help. I am very sensitive to medications and was just wondering if anyone has had both and what tx wo...
ONTN | Posted
I have Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia and was diagnosed 6 years ago. I was tested for multiple sclerosis In The beginning and was told that I didn't have it. My doctor sent me for a new MRI last month and there were several white spots/l...
kimkow | Last answer
Hello. I have been to e.r. twice and doctor once. The doctor didn't know much of anything so I suggested he do blood work as the hospital said. The second time at e.r. they did a CT scan but found nothing other than a little sinisitis....
joey39 | Last answer
Trying to cut a long story short... I'm looking to see if anyone can relate or guide me towards a possible cause for the following sensations: - Feeling like my foot is randomly dipped in hot water/ sometimes feels higher like I've had ...
HL143 | Last answer
1695384_tn?1306455153
I posted this question a few minutes ago, but have no idea "where" it is!!! So here I go again..... I'm a female in my 60's, diagnosed with Trigemianl Neuralgia about a year ago, and would love to hear from other females with the sam...
TucsonNeNe | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Trigeminal Neuralgia Community Resources