Pregnancy 35+ Community
Pregnancy 35+

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Pregnancy 35+

Hello!
I am 35 years old and my husband is 41. We are trying to get pregnant.
I tryed different things, but still cant get pregnant.
Please help. What should we do?
You make need a little medical intervention. Because of the ages of you and your partner the success rate of couples trying without some form of help from a specialist is nearly impossible. I would consult a doctor to know your many options and to see what would suite you and your health.
Good luck and I wish you both the best in this journey ;))
I would also start with a trip to your ob. Talk to them about what you've tried so far and I'm sure they can help you come up with a plan. Good luck! Oh if your not doing it already you should start temp charting. Medhelp has a great Ovulation tracker that you can record your temps on daily.
Hi Leppatriinu,

How long have you been trying and what have you tried so far?  Just to reassure you, there are many women 35 and over that have gotten pregnant without major interventions.  I am 39 and my partner 45 and I am now 22 weeks pregnant (conceived naturally).  At your age it is definitely possible to get pregnant, so stay positive!!  

I am not sure what you have tried but the most important thing is to make sure that you are tracking when you ovulate, so you can best time intercourse.  Digital ovulation kits are the easiest to use but you can also use basal temperature charting (using both together is even better).  

You should definitely speak to your OB about your struggle to conceive - she may have some recommendations or suggest testing to check for fertility difficulties.  Another possibility is to seek the help of an RE (reproductive endocrinilogists - they specialize in helping couples with infertility).  Many women have also been helped by acupuncture.  

I wish you the best of luck, and remember, stay positive!
Starting with a complete physical (as mentioned above) is a great suggestion.  You don't say how long you have been trying, but if it has been longer then six months, you might want to see an OB or RE.  If it's only been a short time, remember sometimes this can take a while.  

I just had my first baby a week shy of 41.  As Nola said, it does happen for many of us, so keep moving forward!!  Good luck to you.
At 27, it took me a year to concieve (conceive). At 35, I concieved on the first try. Don't give up. Listen to these ladies and see a Dr.
You can get pregnant after 35 but it takes longer than before 35, most particularly for a first pregnancy. I am about to deliver my 1st baby at 41,5 years old (natural pregnancy) - but it took me 4 years to conceive him with 3 miscarriages on the way. The road may sometimes be long but not impossible so keep up the hope!

As recommended above, I also recommend that you use a digital monitor to monitor your ovulation - good old temperature charting to me was just a waste of time. I personally used the digital monitor from Clearblue and was very satisfied with it, there are other brands as well.