Pregnancy 35+ Community
pregnant after tubes cut

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

pregnant after tubes cut

Is it really possible to get pregnant after having your tubes cut tied and burnt? I would really like to know. I had my tubes cut burnt and tied back in 2008 and im now 13 days late with my period.i am 35 years old. Or is it possible that i am going through perimenopause? I am confused about whats going on with me.
Yes, though the chance of it being eptopic are high. I had mine cut in 1995 and have had one eptopic and I'm pregnant now. I've also had 3 early miscarriages. Go to your doctor for a blood test.
Please rush to your doctor! My close friend almost died from an ectopic pregnancy post-tubal ligation! She never considered pregnancy, b/c shed had her tubes tied & irregular cycles. Her bf came home & found her barely conscious. Go to the doctor...better safe, than sorry.
Im waiting to see if i start this week i feel everything like my lower back hurts my breasts are sore but my nipples are very tender i took a bath earlier and i couldnt stand the feeling goung over my nipples because it hurt. Do you always have dark areolas when your pregnant or can they go lighter than your normal color?  I know i have kids but i dont remember alot  now that i havent had kids for 5 years. How do you know its egtopic i mean what does it feel like? I know my right side inside is tender where the insicion was. Im trying to not freak out right now im trying to wait to see if i start .
It is possible but not super likely. Have you taken a home pregnancy test?  Since you are late, it should be positive if you are pregnant.  If you are pregnant, you should go to your doctor asap, to make sure that it is not ectopic.  They can tell because of slow rising HCG and via ultrasounds.  Symptoms of ectopic vary but usually include pain on one side and spotting - but not everyone has symptoms.

It is also possible that you ovulated late this month and your AF will be late (many things can cause this like stress or illness) and sometimes a person may not ovulate one month and may skip AF but not be pregnant.  So many things are possible.  I would take an HPT.
It is very possible to get pregnant.  I'd go get a test asap bcuz as others said if it's a tubal pregnancy ithas to be dealt with.  My cousin had a tubal or ectopic. Pregnancy and lost one tube and almost her life. Her dumb dr let it go to far even though shed told him about all the pain.  I'd get checked asap.  Not trying.  To scare you but to be Safe:)  good luck.  
The stress hasnt been anywhere near what im use to so i dont think its stress but i havent been feeling well since last month i mainly feel like i wanna puke some days. My last period was december 28 thats when it started it ended on january 3rd, i havent had a period since then. Thats why i am trying to not freak out. Thats why i also am not sure if its perimenopause. I am hopeing that i start this week. Its been pretry regular i usually start bout the 27th 28th but this time it hasnt done anything.
why not just take a HPT?
My clit has become so sensitive that its unbareable to not be touched down there. I've not been like this ever.  I don't understand it  wtf is going on with me? I been bugging my man for the past 15 minutes to have sex with me  or play with me but hes not in the mood. Everything is so frustrating right now. Everything just ***** .
Because they cost too much and usually they say negitive when im pregnant
I have that same problem. My ectopic was the only pregnancy I've had that I had a positive test early on with. Got a dollar store near by? They are cheap and you can get several.
I was looking at  them the last time i was there and they are like t dollars to like 10 dollars for a hpt they dont have the little 1 dollar one no more  the cheapest is 5 dollars at family dollar and dollar general  well i didnt start yesterday so today is the 15th day today is wednesday 3:07 am. My nipples are really sensitive idk how many times i had an orgasm in the kitchen making something to eat yesterday all i had to do was bump my nipple or brush up against something and id have an orgasm my clit is still sensitive its driving me crazy!!!!
had my period but was a barely there one it was 16 days late. idk whats goin on
Please girl get to your dr!!!!
Please keep us updated on what's going on... I am in sort of the same situation as you..... except my period is only 8 days late.... I've ALWAYS been EXTREMELY regular... every 28 days n down to the same time of day AF arrives... only difference is I got mine done almost 10 years ago (boy,14 n girl,9 3/4).... so new news would be great n I'll do the same....
I miscarried im still bleeding  this is day 3.
I was hurting alot  u know aching back and all but then the other day i had really bad cramps worse than period cramps i was crying because of the paini  curled up on the bed and sent my bf to the store for a heating pad andsome meds for cramps well midol didnt work so later on he gave me vicoden i was in and out of the tub alot  trying to ease the pain but it didnt work  the vicoden kicked in and i fell asleep i woke up hurting still but not as bad  then yesterday i was hurting a little bit and today im hurtin again in my belly im lauin on the bed  with a thick blanket aginst mt belly
Imma have to eat green salads for a bit because of the blood that keeps comming out. I dont get it ok my whole time after i syarted having sex ive miscarried i jist dont really get why i mean i do have 5 kids but between and before having them i have had miscarriages