Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Ok silly question? can your pre-pregnancy belly be signs of this?

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

New here with quite few questions! I'm hoping for a baby within the next year or so.I'm in my mid thirties and it will be my first.

To start off, a bit about myself...I'm quite healthy, non-smoker,regular cycles, and no problems, Thank God. I'm 5.4" and I weigh 115 pds. I'm trying to gain weight, as I have been reading that I must, and I don't know if this is true or not but we hope the first will be a boy and to have a boy you must gain weight. Though  personally I will be happy with whatever God gives me.

My question is this: because I'm relatively thin, I have a slight belly bump arlready. I am a 27 inch waist and a size 2 or 4. At times, esp when I'm bloated because of my period, I already look like ten weeks pregnant because all my weight is in my belly, on top of the bloating! But after my period, it "deflates" and goes back to normal. You can't see me bloated in my jeans or when dressed, however only when I'm undressed or wearing a tight shirt. I'll admit (as crazy as I sound) that secretly I just love my bloated belly and it makes me feel like i'm already pregnant!! I love just looking at it, rubbing it and thinking I'm pregnant!! Yes, I want a baby that badly!

But what I want to ask - does a pre-pregnancy belly mean anything? Like I said, I'm very round when I'm bloated and I want to know, does that mean anything about fertility or how i will carry the baby? Will i be all belly because of my thin frame? And why does my belly already look like a tiny basketball? Does that mean anything? Thanks!
I think the only thing it means is that you will show signs of pregnancy sooner because of the already existing belly. I had a belly my entire life and now that I'm pregnant I look way further along then what I am.
I don't know about gaining weight to have a boy. My mom was 5'3" and weighed 100#. She gave birth to three boys before having me. She was heavier when she had me. LOL I agree with Yrmacias, you will probably show sooner. Good luck on getting pregnant. Sounds like you will be a great mom.
I had a slight baby bump pre-pregnancy. I'm 4'11" and 115lbs. I am now 15 weeks and 2 days and my belly hasn't gotten any bigger. Just a little rounder. You can only tell if I wear a tight shirt. But because you are  taller, which would make you skinnier, you probably will show sooner
Thank you all for your comments and nice words. That's what I hear actually, that I will only show sooner than normal. We'll see I guess. I pray God is good to us. Thanks!
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Belle313 commented on photo
Risa615, and veronica0808 commented on veronica0808's status