ovulation pain
When you have pain in your ovaries from ovulation does that mean you are about to ovulate or have you already ovulated.any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks x
Hiya!

From what I've read, it could mean either you are about to ovulate, or you have just ovulated. I get this pain too, and I've read that some of it comes from the ligaments around the ovaries doing something-or-other around ovuation. The ovaries also contain a small amount of smooth muscle - no one knows if this assists in launching the egg or not, but I suppose it's possible one might feel it.

When I feel this pain, personally I take it as a sign that I'm about to ovulate - so, time for BD! Also, back when I was doing IUIs, the ultrasounds they did confirmed that, for me, this pain occurred just prior to ovulation.

Hope this helps!
~Wendy
I have to agree with Wendy. I think it can be either.  Once I started tracking my O cycles, I also noticed I had it...I think when we are in tune with our bodies we notice a lot more.  BD when you notice, and once you know your cycle, before and after as well.  Good luck to you!!
I was thinking it meant you were ovulating.  But then this month I had pain and I thought, oh I'm ovulating, and then I had it for 3 more days.  So you got me.  I think my body might be messed up this month.  Sorry I'm not much help.  Maybe someone else will know more.  Have you ever had it for more than one day?  
I always thought that it meant you had just ovulated.
I had it for 2-3 days this months as well, and I suspect I may have ovulated with "both barrels" (both ovaries). Apparently when this happens, the ovaries always fire their eggs within 24-hr of each other.
I have ALWAYS had this O pain.  Back in my "younger" ;) days, this is how I would know when it was time to BD, that & of course the CM.
Last Friday, I was having an US & it was my CD8 & I was on Gonal -F, & I told my RE that I was begining to have pressure, not so much pain, but pressure & that I had TONS of EWCM that day, he said my E2 was probably high, thats why & I said yeah, BUT I feel like I'm gonna O real soon.  Well, Saturday the pain got worse, & @ my AM scan  I had 5 follies from just under 15 to 23 & that ealy evening I felt a gush TMI of CM akmost like my period started & was having a lot of O pain & Sunday morning when I went for an US & the trigger shot my BIG follie (23cm) was gone, & I had 3 follies measuring @ 21 & one @ almost 18 & another almost @ 17, so the PA thought I had just O'd & another one popped up.  Also my E2 dropped like 60 points from Fri. AM to Sat. AM & my RE said to me that happens when your about to O many times.  
ANYWAY, (sorry so long ;) I had lot's of O pains all the way until tueday night.  I think I O'd the rest between Sunday night & monday night.  But when I went in for my post O US Tuesday morning 2 more follies popped up measuring @ 16, so I think thats why I still had LOTS of bloating & O pain until I went to bed Tuesday.

SOOOOO for ME & this has been confirmed via US a few times, my O pain is right before ovulation/during.  I get a "lingering" O pain AFTER I O....but to me it feels a little different.  
Lot's of luck hun ;o)
laura
Pum
I have worked out I get some ongoing twinges in the ovary area on about day 10. Not sure what that is but on the day of ovulation I sometimes get ovarian pain. It is more generalised than the day 10 pain along with some knife like pains. The general pain is one where if you cough your abdomen hurts.
I seem to get twinges on the same day my OPK is positive (later in the day) so it's hard to say whether it's ovulation or just pre ovulation. I usually get them only on one side (I'm not on any medication).
Yeah, my pains always seem to come on the left side.  I wonder why that is.  
I do infact get the pain for 2-3 days and its always in my right side(have no tube in the right side due to eptopic).The pain starts just ever so slightly and gets more gripping like towards the end of the few days i get it.Thanks for all the help i really appreciate it xxx