Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
33 weeks 5 days pregnant with a toothache?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

hey everyone, im 20 years old and im expecting my first baby july 27th and for the past week now i have had a some what of a toothache. i do have a broken tooth on the bottom row on my left side and it kinda feels like an earache and i have a headache with it also. im not sure if its even a toothache because my gums arent sore and my teeth dont hurt when i poke them or anything like that. im just curious if any of you ladies had the same thing?? and what it was? i do understand that its not good to have a toothache untreated because it can turn into an infection and it can hurt the baby. but i really dont want to take any medication for it because im afraid of what it will do to the baby. i havent tooken any at all and i wanna keep it that way.
I would say it is definitely time to see a dentist. When I was 15 weeks pregnant with my last little one I ended up having a filling come out and it didn't bother me for a while but it got so bad that I gave in and had to see a dr. Well turns out my gums were inflamed and infected and I either needed a root canal or to pull the tooth... I decided to go ahead and pull the tooth because I had my wisdom tooth growing in anyways... The problem with an infection is that it can cause what is called sepsis (can feel like an ear ache) and can lead to an infection that can cause serious problems with you or your baby. If you don't want to take any serious medication because you are pregnant the least you can do is take antibiotics until you deliver just to be sure that the infection (if you have one) doesn't spread or get any worse. Plenty of dental work is perfectly safe during pregnancy as long as the doctor is informed that you are pregnant =) There are also plenty of OTC options for tooth aches too... Such as warm salt water (helps keep away infection), oragel to numb some of the pain and just make sure not to get any food in the part that is broken =) I hope you feel better soon!
KeeLolo commented on photo
17 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
1 hr ago
gloryrose Sorry I've been gone. I've ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy