INCOMPETENT CERVIX
Hi! I am currently 14.5 weeks pregnant and had to go through in-vitro to get here. I am really concerned about having a possible incompetent cervix. I have read that it usually is not diagnosed until you have had a 2nd trimester miscarriage. I would hate to come this far and then have a problem that could of been treated.  Does the Dr. check each time you go in for a OB visit? Is there a way to tell? I am concerned because is 95" I had a colposcopy, cryosurgery and punch biopsy.  I also has a D&C, hysteroscopy, and HSG in 2007. It was a fertility work up to see why I was infertile. I have also had two laps, but I don't think those effect the cervix. My next appt is at 16 weeks and then I will not see him again until 20 weeks. I am afraid that if I have IC I will get in the 4 weeks that I do not see him and it will be too late to treat. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Sara
Hi! I was diagnosed with a possible incompetent cervix with my first pregnancy and had a cercloge done.  It was diagnosed after I had a level III ultrasound.  The specialist noticed a thin spot in my cervix.  However, it was later determined that I was misdiagnosed.  During my second pregnancy, my OB/GYN did an ultrasound every 2 weeks and measured my cervix to make sure that there were no changes.  He did this only because there were problems in my first pregnancy.  It's not done automatically.