Pregnancy after DNC
I was wondering if anyone knew when I would ovulate again after having to have an emergency DNC after being 8 months pregnant.  My doctor at the time told me there was no baby and after having the deseased baby in my womb for 8 months I got really sick and was put in the hospital and they did the DNC.  I have a daugther that is 21 months old and we are ready to try again. I just didnt know if and when I would ovulate again.  I just quit taking my birth control in December 2007 and have just started trying again.  Any tips or similar situations???
I am soooooo, soooooo sorry to hear about your loss. It is one of the most devastating things that anyone can go through.

On Decmeber 6th 2007 I had a tiny bit of spotting in the morning and I got worried. My husband told me not to worry about it because spotting is very common in the beginning and it was probably no big deal.

Well....being the "cautious" person that I am, I called my doctor and he told me to come in. The ultrasound/sonogram showed no heart beat...the baby had just died.

I was 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. They told me to wait a week and if the baby didn't come out on their own, I would have a DNC done. I'd rather it happen naturally, so I started doing yard work, cleaning out the garage, but nothing. I never bled again.

I even went in for a second ultrasound just to make sure, since there had been no additional signs of distress, but the ultrasound read the same. So, I had to go in for a DNC and the doctor told me to wait between 3 and 6 months to try again.

We're going to try again in March.

I was told that I could ovulate right after the DNC, but to wait a couple of months, before getting pregnant again, so the lining in the uterus is thick again, and able to sustain a pregnancy.

I've accepted that I would never get over it (for now, I guess), but that I would just have to learn to live with it.

I've started going back to the gym a little over 2 weeks ago and I'm feeling much better....less anxiety...less depression....

I can't imagine your situation....for eight months....
my goodness....I am so, so sorry for you....

In terms of getting pregnant after the pill; it depends how long you were on it, but some people are on it for years and get pregnant right after they stop taking it.

Everyone is different, I guess....  

I just noticed this post is from a month ago, so you might already be pregnant.  :)

Let me know.