Screening Test
I just turned 40 and had my bloods and NT scan done a week ago.  The blood test came fine but unfortunately the NT scan has posed a high background risk.  The results were Trisomy 21- 1:78, Trisomy 18- 1:192 and Trisomy 13- 1:601.

My OB/Gyn decided for me to have the Amnio test when I am 17 weeks pregnant.  When I got the result my HB and I were shocked that you could have such good blood test results and still have such a high risk.  Has anybody had such high risks and when they did the Amnio test it came back negative?

This recent setback has really stressed us out and instead of enjoying my pregnancy I am worried sick,
Everyone I know who has come back high risk with DS hasn't had the Amnio because of the 1% chance of Miscarrige....
But they have all had high blood tests as well
I don;t fully understand the D.s test at all... all I know is the fluid round the back of the neck was 1:5 thats all....
there are people on here that know so much more than me, I am telling you from what I heard and my own readings...

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/adult/medical_services/preg/prenatal/conditions/down/diagnosis.html  

This site might help?

xx