smoking
Plz help ladies I need opinions on quitting during pregnancy I'm smoking 3 times as much (approx 20per day) now as I was in my first trimester (now 14weeks) due to boredom & relationship stress plz help any tips? & if anyone knows if champax & nicorette r safe during pregnancy? Iv heard a lot of negativity about nicorette. So not real keen on it but I really want to quit I'm smoking so much I'm getting head aches :(
I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and still smoke. I'm in the process of quitting and the easiest thing for me is this:
I usually wake up and smoke right away, well. if you push back your first cigarette (instead of 10 smoke at 10:30) and do that for a few days. then push it back more and more over a few weeks and eventually you'll be able to go until 8 or 9 at night to have your first cigarette. It isnt fast and easy but knowing I can still smoke and not stop cold turkey helps a lot. good luck!!
Talk to your dr.. they can help you and recommend the best thing during pregnancy... try to cut back one cigarette at a time. Just keep reminding yourself it's for your little one
I recently quit around 15-16 weeks, and I'm now 20+5. I've found that if I quit doing the things that I did the most when I smoked, like driving long distances or alone, eating large meals, and stuff like that, that I didn't want to smoke anymore. Whenever I'm about to go somewhere and I feel the craving for a cig start up, I MAKE someone ride with me. And then it also gets harder to go into convenience stores with a big ole belly and buy a pack of cigarettes. The last time I did was when I was just starting to show, and I also had on a maternity top and jeans and the cashier almost didn't want to give me the pack, and she looked at me like I was disgusting. So that helped a little too. And if anything, at least try an electronic cigarette, it's still bad but not as bad as the real thing.
#Tkenna - I'm 14 weeks tomorrow too <3 my edd 19/06/13
& ladies thank u. Company is a problem I'm atleast 3 hours away from any family & have little to no friends as when ur pregnant @ 23 most others I did know r stil having fun but I might try getting artsy to keep my mind off it. Also looking for some part time easy retail work for a cpl of months will help with things for bub & give me something to do sick of sitting around already.
I'm due the same exact day!! :)) i wanna pick up knitting or something. I wanna knit a baby blanket and stuff :)) so thatll help keep my hands busy! Also I guess chewing gum helpa. it keeps your mouth busy too.
Good idea knitting :) & u better keep me updated thru ur pregnancy then first time iv met someone with th same due date. How I love this site :)
Right? only thing i dislike about this site is its almost 3 am and im still on it. it keeps me awakkee! :( Inbox me or something! :) we can chat!
I quit the day i found out i was pregnant, i was 18-19 weeks when i found out lol it wasnt easy but i felt so guilty about the stuff i did when not knowing i was pregnant that i thought it was the least i could do! Its still not easy.... i still want a smoke lol
u really need to cut down tho...thats alot of smoking...i smoke maybe one a day maybe 2....try to cut down aspa ur smoking like a pack a day its not healthy
I am trying or I wouldn't have bothered asking the question!
supportive family? maybe yeah a healthy relationship not at all im single and alone doing this no father around at ALLL....noone is judging u as a mother at ALL and noone said this is facebook:) im saying for your health hun quit and for the babies
I've smoked for 10+ years and both of my pregnancies I stopped the day I found out. When I was pregnant the 1st time I ddidn't even have cravings. I thibk its because we wanted a baby for years and couldnt get pregnant and so i Didn't want anything to go wrong. This pregnancy I have craved them but still would never have the heart to smoke while pregnant
iv smoked for like 7 years....im only 24 and when i found out i was prego ya its stressful i smoked 6 smokes a day untill i was like 16 weeks...then cut it down to 2 and my boy is perfectly healthy ..it depends on the person hun just try to cut it down u dont have to stop dont stress yourself out...
Hi ladies -

Please remember this is a support site.  If you have some tips to help her quit smoking, or constructive info for her, then feel free to post, but please do not post judgmental or shaming responses.

Emily
How about an electronic one. My mom had one they r neat. Each box of filters has.less nicotene in n if its more about bordum u can use a no nicotene filter n do as much as u want. I think sometomes yur body just knows the motions n it sounds weird but when u quit u no longer know what to do with yur hands n moutb
Iv never heard of electronic smokes r they in nsw?
They're in most gas stations and convenience stores.
Electronic cigs are great. But they still have nicotine in them but its soooo much cheaper. The juice to put in it is like 15 dollars and last more then amonth. But trust me its just as addicting. im a heavy smoker too and the only way I could quit was telling my husbamd not to buy them anymore and hide his.I would litterky look for cig. Buds when hes gone because  I craved it soo much. He kniws not to forget them and to dump all the ashtrays and its helped me alot. I felt like I was going nuts for a while but after a while even smelling him smoke or smelling the sent on him turnef my stomach. Maybe this will help you too. Its hard the first week but then it will get easier.
Well feeling good this morning I have 8 in my packet & put one out half way through last night. Iv been aware for an hour had my morning cuppa & no smoke wit it. :) about to make some breakfast to push back that first smoke further.
Very proud of you ( : keep up the good work.
idk where NSW is. im in the us. try googleing it maybe. they r meant to help u quit. a filter is equivelant to 1 pack, and each one is supposed to have less n less nicotine. when my mom used it she realized that she wass smoking just out of borem so she just used the no nicotene filters and quit in no time ehr body didnt know the difference. it was all in her head.
I smoked the first month of my pregnancy and I quit now I can't even stand the smell., I didn't smoke for 4 months and then the stress starting kicking in, I started smoking black and milds I smoke one a day one black and mild is equal to a pack of ciggs so I smoke that one throughout the day but still trying to stop all together
I stopped the day I found out with both pregnancies. How? By reading the effects ut has on baby and the fact that each cigarette cuts off oxygen to babies brain was enoigh will power for me. Good luck girls you can do it. The risks to your children aren't worth it