Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Is this implantation bleeding?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Is this implantation bleeding?

Hi everyone. Please feel free to use as open forum.
I am post ovulation day 5. I'm ttc and realllly tried this cycle. Today after I went to the bathroom and wiped, I had a tiny bit of bright red blood, looked very fresh. I was confused because I thought implantation blood was supposed to be darker? Anyway, it was so strange I thought maybe it was from somewhere else, like I had a cut, but I looked and wiped everywhere (sorry tmi!!)and could not find anymore. I even checked my cervix, thought maybe I'd find more blood, but that was it!! One wipe!! Does this sound like implantation?

What are some of your experiences with implantation? Also, I've had cramping since around the time of bleeding down low. COuld this be related?

Any help would be great, thanks!
Both times I have had implantation bleeding, I thought I was getting my period.  I usually spot for one day and then get my period.  The implantation bleeding I had was like that spotting right before a period, and it lasted for two or three days.
My first pregnancy during implantion,I wiped a small amount of pink blood on CD26. After that, nothing, the next morning I knew that I was pregnant because my temperature was still high.

The second time when I went to the bathroom (#2), I looked in the toilet and there seemed to be a lot of blood in there thinking that I got my period. Again on CD26. I wiped and got pink blood. After that nothing. and my temperature was still high the next day.  

Are you taking your temperature? Because that helps a lot.
My one friend though had brown, old blood for her implantion bleeding, so everyone is different.
Thanks for responding. Last time I was pregnant I wasn't trying and didn't have this awful 2ww. Unfortunatley I lost that to m/c. I am taking my temperature like crazy, I actually get excited to wake up and take it. I also took OPK's and check cm and cervical position. My temperature has remained high, like I said I'm only post o by 5 days, so I wouldn't expect my period for a while anyway, but I'm hoping it doesn't come at all.
Are you constipated at all? I have had that exact thing happen with a couple of my pregnancies and it was coming from the back instead. My doctor said it can be from being constipated and irritated.

It looked like from a scrape or cut and only showed up on the toilet paper.

just a thought...
I experienced implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy.  It was a gush of bright red blood...I thought I had started, so I put in a tampon and went to work.  A couple of hours later, clean tampon and never saw anymore of it....a few days later, I started seeing brown stuff.  This actually lasted until I should have started the next month.  Consequently, I did not realize there was pregnancy until I was vomitting my tequilla in Mexico on vacation....Went home, took a positive test, saw the dr.  immediately and I was 8weeks, 6days...very exciting!
Thank you, I will!!!
I was worried too when I had bright red bleeding.  (I had read that implantation bleeding was usually pink or brown.)  I had spotting when I wiped at 9DPO and again the same thing about 24 hours later on 10DPO. That was it.

I think that implantation bleeding usually happens between 7-10DPO ... so 5DPO is a little early ... but every woman is different, so who knows!  Lots of luck to you!
Implantation bleeding could be very mild spotting or heavier. It just depends on the woman. Good luck and hope you are pregnant. Keep us posted!!
Does implantatin bleeding always only take palce right in the begining? I read somewhere that it does about 1-2 ovulation. I did have that thought I was starting my period 4 days early but nothing came. Now I'm 5 3/4 weeks and went to the bathroom right now and again bright red blood when I wiped??? I read some post that women say they had implantation bleeding up to week 7 have you heard that?
I'm in need of help!!! I have been trying to get pregnant for 7 months, nothing.  I alwys get my period on time, every 28 days.... This time I didn't get anything on the 28th. day and the 29th. very little bleeding, light red to dark but not much, very little.  I have taken 2 pregnancy test both negative.... Do you think I could be pregnant this time???
I had unprotected sex, 4 days after i had light bleeding like a period but it did not smell like a period and very light no cramping.. and stopped 2/3 days after i keep feeling sick and getting slight pain in my stomach. Is it possible i could be pregnant someone please get back to me. Anything will help thankyou x
I think I may have experienced implantation bleeding a few days ago as well!
Whatever it was, was VERY similar to pookie1121 's experience. I'm nervous and kind of doubting it.
I went to tha bathroom one nite n noticed I was bleeding. It was red like my period but in the next second it turned light pink. I wiped n it was there, I wiped the second time and it was gone. It was just redish pink. Is that implantation bleeding?
Hi..i am ttc. I usually get my periods on time which is very painful. This time I got bleeding just for 3 days which came a week early than the expected date. I didn’t have much pain and the color was the same as that of periods (dark red). Would this be implantation bleeding or early period?
omgosh the samething happen to me  yesterday and my period is not due for 9 days..whish is crazy..i have four children and that never happened to me...
i have been ttc for last 3.5 yrs. And hv very irregular periods, most of the time i get them very late. My lmp was on 2nd nov, we did IUI this month, and on 30th nov i saw brownish spotting. I was very happy thinking that it was implantation bleeding. But today i.e. On 1st dec, i am bleeding on and off, flow is not as normal as periods but color is fresh red. Can i still be pregnant? Can this be implantation bleeding? Plz help.
Thanks so much I am currently experiencing what I think is implantation bleeding, it started light pink and the over night got heavier, all day today I have had a not too heavy but still a flow of bright red blood which was scaring me. I have hope that I could still end up pregnant. This bleeding came 4 days before my expected period and that never happens to me so I'm sure this is implantation bleeding!
has anyone of you experience brown spotting, pink and fresh blood for more than 10 days after taking provera medicine?
Okay so I get my period like clockwork if anything it only varies by one day. Leading up to this bleeding I had dull cramping once in awhile and felt a weird pinching sometimes. This time I spotted early (Mar 13) lightly 4 days before my period, by the next day it was bright red for the next 3 days, ending before my expected period (Mar 17). I also experienced cramping simpilar to period cramps and I get the severe but these were not quite as bad as usual and only last the one night and then just had dull cramping once in awhile. Since then I have had no other bleeding. My other symptoms include;
-Dull cramping/pinching
-Heavy feeling
-Breasts feel fuller (really full)
-Nipples changing (darker, veiny, pronounced glands and more of them)
-congestion
-sentitive skin
-some level of constipation

I guess I'm just looking for others opinions and reassurance of my chance of pregnancy, and whether what I experienced was implantation bleeding or not. Thank you.
What was the outcome? I am going through the same thing now and wondering and looking for info. Hope it was +
The only way to be sure is to test. The most accurate and earliest test there is will be a blood test by your doctor. If you take a urine test, try taking it first thing in the morning so it will be the most accurate. Welcome to the group!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers