A little concerned
i am 38 weeks preg. and yesterday i went to the dr. iam almost 3cm diolated. when she checked me i bled for maybe any hour after i got home and today when i woke up i have been using the bathroom constantly and have brown colored blood in my mucus discharge. Is this normal? as far as i know i still have not lost my plug and i know my water has not broke yet so should i go to the hospital or is the blood normal?
I've been reading about this happening a lot after getting checked by the doc in the last week or two.. as long as it's brown and not a ton of bright red, I'm thinking that you're ok..   maybe give your doc a call and ask (or call in the morning if it's after hours where you are, as long as things don't progress..).

Good luck.. you're so close!
It's very normal to bleed some after an exam. Also, when you lose you plug, it is normal for it to be tinged pink or brown, which is why they call it 'bloody show'. Like everything else, if it concerns you, you should definitely talk to your doctor, but it sounds normal to me.
Wow congrats - your labour could start any time. I am now a week over, just lost my plug in the night and it was also tinted brown and reddish. Totally normal. It is also normal to bleed after an internal exam or sex. 3cm - yahoooo you lucky girl. I am still one. Supposed to get induced this morning - just waiting for the call to go in.  Good luck. It would be great for you to miss the last 2 weeks - they are the most unpleasant if you ask me.