Pregnancy: Jan 2010 Babies Community
Heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2010.

Heartbeat

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks that concluded i was six weeks and 3 days and i saw no heartbeat , is this normal?
I just went for my first appointment to verify BFP and my doctor said not to do ultrasound until 8 weeks or later because can never see a lot or hear heart beat earlier. So I bet in a couple weeks you'll be hearing the beautiful beat!
I also believe 6 weeks is too early...I'm sure everything is fine!! :) Good luck to you!!
Cari
I had an ultrasound at 5w6d and no heartbeat went back a week later, 6w6d and I saw the hb.
and 9 weeks the told me it is possible not to see the heartbeat, but I'm not sure if they were just saying that due to a previous miscarriage and wanted to keep me calm.
I got to see a heartbeat at exactly 6 weeks. It was very hard to see but they were still there.
I went to A & E because I had a tiny bit of brown discharge, had to go back 2 days after for scan. Scan showed I was 6 weeks 6 days and there was a hearbeat :) but i think everyone is different
i had my first ultrasound yesterday, this would be my first pregancy. they said i was 6 weeks, but they didnt see a heartbeat. the sac was there and the baby which was like a grain of rice but they want me back in 2 week to check again with another ultrasound. i am so scared and dont know what to expect , i keep hearing so many diffrent things. i just want everything to be ok and i hate waiting and not knowing..