Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
Bronchiectasis

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Bronchiectasis

Hello Dr, I had a CT scan done 3 weeks ago and they found trace upper lobe bronchiectasis. Mild bronchiectasis. The dr said that there is a little bit of scarring in the upper lobes on both sides. He said this is a bit unusual and asked  if I have ever had pneumonia as a child. As far as I know i never had tuberculosis and i most likely do not have CF because no one in my family has had it and i know that CF usually affects people of European descent (I am of Iranian descent).  I am worried because the specialist did not give me an appointment for another month. I quit smoking 3 weeks ago. My cough has become very minimal I wanted to know, what are the causes of upper lobe bronchiectasis? What tests will the respirologist do on me and what treatments will i be given (inhalers) etc...please advise. Thank You
Hello.  Unfortunately, this is a pulmonary hypertension forum and it does not appear that you have PH.

I would suggest you direct your question(s) to a general pulmonary forum.

Having said all of that, the description of very mild bronchiectasis does not sound overly concerning but I am glad that you are undergoing a thorough evaluation.

Good luck.

Dr. Rich