Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
Inversion Tables

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Inversion Tables

Hi...I have primary pulmonary hypertension (moderate to severe)  and I'm wondering if it would be alright for me to use an inversion table for occasional back pain.  I'm a 56 year old male with normal blood pressure.  Thank you.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Honestly, I am not familiar with inversion tables so I am afraid I can not provide you with advise on this one.  However, as a general rule in PH, if what you do does not cause symptoms (ie SOB, dizziness, etc), then it is generally safe.  In other words, listen to your body.

Best,

Dr. Rich