Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
Symptoms Persisting for 2 years

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Symptoms Persisting for 2 years

Hi Doctor,

It's been almost a year since my last post, my shortness of breath persists and now i'm experiencing a rapid heart beat. I've seen 3 cardiologists that don't feel as though PAH is my problem, however they're not able to figure out what is causing my symptoms. I know you previously stated that the drug "adipex" by itself doesn't cause PAH, why is PAH listed as one of the "less common" side effects on it's website. Do you think I should see a PAH specialist or would it be a waste of time? I'm worried anxiety can be causing these symptoms, in the past I've had two normal echos and ekgs and chest xrays. The doctors find no reason to do a right heart catherization. Would symptoms of PAH worsen with time? Thanks for your time.