Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
severe c.o.p.d.

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

severe c.o.p.d.

i just been diagnosis with severe c.o.p.d.had a c.t. scane done all was clear nothing my question and my dr. is why iam i having shortness of breath having hard time sleeping on all kinds of breathing meds having an ecko gram this week any suggestions would be of some help ty
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your question is a bit difficult for me to discern but I will do my best.  You state that you have been diagnosed with severe COPD and are wondering why you are having trouble breathing?  Well, unfortunately, patients with severe copd have difficulty breathing.  In addition to "breathing meds", your doctor may also choose to give you some steroids (ie prednisone).

It is also possible that a 2nd condition is contributing to your shortness of breath which is why I suppose your doctor is ordering an echo.  This is a pulmonary hypertension forum and, although some patients with COPD can also develop significant pulmonary hypertension, this is actually quite uncommon.

I am sorry that you are struggling with breathing but hopefully you are in good hands with your doctor(s) and will find a medical regimen that works well for you.

Best,

Dr. Rich