Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
when do PA pressures return to normal post-partum

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

You answered my question previously (rvsp 38 on echo) and I'd like to know when  your PA pressures return to normal after you've had your baby.  I am 3 months post-partum and still have the rvsp of 38.  I know echo is not the gold standard for diagnosis but it still worries me.  Is this something you think should be repeated at a later date?
Hello and welcome back to the forum.  My apologies for the delay in answering your question.

The only reason why you should even consider repeating this test or seeking further evaluation is if you are symptomatic (ie you feel short of breath when you do anything, etc).  Otherwise, I would simply move on and enjoy your health.  If you are the kind of person, however, that wont have peace of mind, than I suggest you see a cardiologist who specializes in pulmonary hypertension. The two of you can then decide if a cardiac cath is warranted or not.  Again, I suspect that you are completely well and do NOT have pulmonary hypertension.  But I am not sure that I will be able to entirely convince you via this forum.

Good luck.

Dr. Rich