I just had a second mammogram and an ultrasound. The radiologist wants me to go for a biopsy - said the calcifications are probably benign but worst case is DCIS. My dilemna - I leave on Dec 18 to fly overseas for 6 weeks. My biopsy is Dec 10. If my biopsy is positive for DCIS is it ok that I'm gone til end of January and then will have to get the surgical ball rolling beginning of Feb? My radiologist said the situation wasn't really time sensitive but he was the one that wanted me to have the biopsy before I go (perhaps just to calm my fears so I could have a peaceful trip if benign). I really don't know what to do now. If results come back positive for DCIS I won't have time before I go to meet with a surgeon so he could get the ball rolling while I'm away. Is there any possibility that the biopsy procedure itself, if results are positive, could cause my situation to deteriorate while I'm away? Is 7 weeks way too long to wait between biopsy and seeing a surgeon? Thanks!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.