Rare Diseases Community
Bruises, and Headaches and Spinning Oh my

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

For the last month or so I have been bruising all over my body for no apparent reason. Not large bruises but quarter sized bruises all over the place. I've been getting headaches much more often, nearly every night and I am frequently dizzy. I feel tired all the time as if I haven't slept in days but I generally get decent sleep. I also have bleeding gums recently. Not sure if any of these symptoms are the cause of one problem but I would love any input. I have no health insurance so I'd rather not see a doctor if I don't need to.
It is important that you see a doctor and get some blood work done as soon as you can. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a lot of things - some not serious (vitamin / mineral deficiency - especially iron, folic acid, and b-12) and some very serious (blood disorders). If you can't afford to see a doctor, go to your nearest clinic. You can also always go to the emergency room of your nearest hospital. They have to treat you whether you have insurance or not - you can worry about paying the bill later.

All the best..
Thanks for writing to the forum!
If you are not on any medications like anticoagulants, blood thinners or birth control pills then this could be due to clotting disorders, fragile spider veins, deep vein thrombus, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease or certain cancers. It could also be due to pressure urticaria. If you are on medications then you need to discuss that with your doctor. Headache and dizziness could be due to general weakness, high or low blood pressure, anemia, or cervical nerve compression.
You need a comprehensive investigation taking all these points in consideration. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly.  Do let me know if there is any thing else you want to know. Take care!

i get random brusing on my legs upper thighs and behind the knee. i am 19 and 5 foot 9 i weigh 135. the bruising does not seem to go way either and than new ones appear they do not hurt they are either very large or the size of a paintball. help me?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Your complete medical history, direct clinical examination and further tests such as blood tests including  complete blood count may help determine the underlying cause and will help rule out vitamin deficiency or anemia. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
hi ive been havng random bruies on my legs a few large one and i lot of small ones ive also been having lots of dzzy spells and have really bad pains in my ankles knees and calfs aswell as my back, ive had my bloods done and a back xray and nothing has shown up can anyone help im 30 yrs old and mother of 4
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What specific blood tests were done? Dizziness and bruising are often seen with anemia and other blood conditions. Dizzy spells may also be associated with cardiovascular issues that needs to be ruled out. It is best that you discuss the results with your doctor for proper evaluation. You could get a second opinion from another doctor especially if the results were normal. Take care and regards.