Rectal Cancer Community
Rectal bleeding for over a week

WELCOME TO THE RECTAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Colorectal and Rectal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Rectal bleeding for over a week

Hello, I have been having another bout of rectal bleeding.  I am 34 and quite active in sports, dont smoke and have otherwise no health problems.  I have had a history of anal/rectal problems in the last year.  I had a non-cancerous tumor removed from my rectum last April, I have had my hemorrhoids handled by my doctor, and have a case of acute anal fissures.  I guess there is around 100 ml of blood with each stool I pass.  I dont feel too much pain or none at all.  I have had severe bleeding for almost a week now and have some discomfort in my lower left quadrant of my abdomen.     Should I use the cream I was given for my anal fissures and see if that helps?  I never had so much bleeding in the past.  When I was in my 20's I had some blood on the paper and it was a little -now it seems to drip out.  I have even noticed blood on my pants/ underpants.    
I would see a doctor immediately.  The bleeding seems excessive and should be looked at by a professional.  Good luck and God Bless.