Relationships Community
Feeling alone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Feeling alone

So my fiance is about 12 hours away at basic training for the Army Reserves and I am 11 weeks 5 days pregnant. I guess I just miss him a lot and its really hard to not feel alone through this. Is anyone going through the same or similar situation? If so, do you have any tips on ways to make this a little easier? Thank you..
Im in the same position.. My fiance is in the army as well but he's like many states away right now but he's flying me out to see him and I feel alone too. I send him all updates and ect if our baby and he's really happy. He's been depressed as I have cause we're so far away
My husband was deployed while I was pregnant with our son 19weeks till our son turned 8weeks old. Its hard but the best thing to get you thru is to stay very busy and remember every day he's gone is a day closer to him being back.
When my husband was in baisic and AIT I wasn't pregnant, but it was still hard being alone all the time and doing things on my own. I looked forward to his letters and his calls. I had a job that kept me pretty busy and had friends to hang out with, so that helped. But it was hard going to bed alone and eating alone at home. Just gotta keep your chin up and know that the separation isn't permanent.
Thanks Ladies..I'm going down to see him when he graduates from basic in November and then gets to come home for Christmas for about a week. But then leaves again for AIT after that. I just hope he is back before the birth.. :/
His leave for Christmas will be longer then a week he will be going in leave the 18th of December then gets to go back to A.I.T in very end of December or right after New Years..... Just hope that he has a fast AIT. I was in Jackson for 42A training and that's about the same length as basic so he would have most of it down by November then go to the field once in AIT then after that it will be a breeze just know in AIT they do get to have their phones so you would get to talk to him every time at personal time and weekends they get passes if their platoon soft allows them. Trust me it's hard but it's worth it all at the end
Oh thank you so much! I didn't know that about Christmas. And yeah, he should be home for good around Valentines day if everything goes as scedualed. And I really hope it does cuz if this baby comes early I really hope he will be here.
That is really hard to be away like that when you or he have no control.  The military kind of gives the orders.  Same for when he finishes basic, You say he'll be home for good but usually the military moves people around or gives them assignments.  The military life is a good one but transient in that you move a lot and you do have separations from your partner if they are deployed.  

This is all part of the deal for enlisting but it sure doesn't make it easy on one's partner or even the person enlisting as they miss out on things.

I would try not to complain to him as that will make it harder on him.  I'm sure he misses you to.  

What about taking some classes or throwing yourself into work to help you guys get ahead?  Friends and family can help make you feel less lonely.  As someone said above, stay active and busy!  

My husband travels a lot for work.  But the longest he is ever gone is 3 weeks.  We just acclimate and it is what he has to do to support us financially so I stay positive and just do my own thing until he returns.  

good lluck

Yeah, he is in the army reserves though so he only has to report to his base one weekend a month a two weeks in the summer. However, there is a small chance that he could be deployed. But we shouldn't have to move around a lot. *crossing my fingers* but I am busy, I work a full time job and a part time job right now. It helps sometimes to stay busy but then I get home and it all comes back. I don't complain to him ever because I know that he is working so hard for us and I am so proud of him. Thank you all for your tips :) I really appreciate it.
As far as I know he Won't be moved in the reserves. But even so they move you, it's paid for and less stressful. But I don't think you will move unless he becomes fully army. As for deployments it depends if they need him, my husband is regular army and a guy he went to AIT with was reserves and he deployed immediately after AIT. Its all about chance and his job. (Husbands a mechanic). We haven't had a deployment yet, but there has been talk of one coming up, and if he goes he'll miss the birth of our daughter.
Yeah, I hope that he doesn't get deployed anytime soon, or ever for that matter. But I hope that your man can be there for the birth of your baby! Good luck!