Relationships Community
Sensitive to my boyfriend's friendships with his female friends

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

I'm living with my boyfriend now.

We met each other's family too.Everything have been more than great.

He used to have girls as friend like boys. He has many female friends who they contact him and he back.
I feel like I am sensitive to his friendships with female friends. But I don't want to confine him. I don't know how to act about this feeling.

Please advise.
Tags: boyfriend, female friends, jealous, commitment
Hi.  Well, my now husband had many many female friends when I met him too.  We are a bit older and it kind of goes with the territory.  I found some of these female friends really only wanted to be friends and some had crushes on him or he fit some kind of need of theirs that wasn't just on friend levels.  What ended up happening is as we got more and more serious, these friends kind of split off.  The ones that were really "just" friends became friendly with me as well.  They made an effort torwards me, were really happy for my hubby that he was in love, never tried to be more important to him than I was, etc.  And the others drifted off and out of the picture.  I never had to ask my then boyfriend to do a thing as his loyalty to me made that happen.  There was no room for a flirty friend when he had me.  And as we were in a relationship, he couldn't 'just' be friends with them without including me.

So, keep an open mind.  Most of them are just friends.  You'll have the stray girl that would like something more with him, but they will go by the wayside as he gets more and more committed to you.  In fact, why don't you tell him that you'd like to get to know some of these people better.  See how that goes.  Then you'll be in a better position to judge what the true situation is.

I think that your boyfriend should be very open to allowing you to meet these people ---------  and if he is not, that is a red flag.  He should want all of his friends to get to know his girlfriend.  

Jealousy is a natural emotion.  We all feel it from time to time.  Just don't act on it and do anything irrational.  And remember, he is with you because he cares for you.  If you are worried about his loyalty to you---------- you have to figure out if it is in your own head or if he is doing things that worry you.  If it is in your own head, then try to distract yourself when you are feeling that way and meet these people so they are less intimidating.  But if he is giving you reason to worry--------- you need to address that.  good luck
my fiance have a lot friends including women.so sometimes i kinder jelous a lil bit with open minded.beind jelous is natural cause it can be felt by all human being .the point is how you handle it.i agreed with Special Mom..she already give the answer. just remember he love you always but if you worry about his loyalty to you.ACTION SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.use wisely.. GOOD LUCK GIRL..