Chlamydia vs. Bacterial Vaginosis... do they look the same under a microscope?
I actually have about three questions in one... I know there are a few post on here about whether or not BV can cause false positives on a Chlamydia tests but the answers are somewhat vague so can BV cause false positives on Chlamydia tests? If so, how and how common is it? Also... I was recently seen and tested for chlamydia, Urine test (for possible UTI's or Bladder infection),  yeast infection and  BV for some symptoms i was having. The doctor took a UA and STD cultures and a vaginal fluid sample.. she sent off the cultures and viewed the sample under the microscope and she said it looked like BV and prescribed me flagyl. She did still send the UA and chlamydia culture to the lab and i am still waiting on the results. Is there anyway at all that the bacteria she saw under the scope could have possibly been the bacteria that causes chlamydia? I only went in for very slight irregular discharge and burning (no strong odors) and i'm patiently waiting the results of the STD and urine culture but after reading some of the post that BV can cause false positives i'm quite worried. any insight would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!
Don't quote me but I think it has a lot to do with the sensitivity of the test used.  It depends on the type of test the lab that your sample went to uses.  I don't think there is any actual proof of BV causing false positives.  That may be why all answers to that specific question are vague.

I have had both BV and chlamydia multiple times.  I can tell you that in my case, the discharge is significantly different.  I have had more itching with BV, and little to none with chlamydia.  Also, I always know when I am suffering with BV because of the distinct fishy odor.  

If you do come up positive and think it is false, I would either retest after you have finished the flagyl or take the medication anyway and go through the motions of telling your partner(s) you tested positive.  If they come up negative, then you know you got a false positive. Or if you retest negative, then you know you got a false positive.