STDs Community
Another Warts Thread

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Another Warts Thread

To start off with I began a medication, Imuran for Crohn's disease in January 2007. It is an immune system suppressant. Right after that I managed to develop a few small white bumps on my penis (3) and a few on the underside of my scrotum. They seemed to be on a pore each time and have a hair extending from it or next to it more commonly.

If I squeezed one gently, a little hard white substance would come out. In fact I was able to use tweezers and grab the very top of the small bump and completely pluck out the white substance in a small glob. They never come back after that in that location.

Occasionally, especially (only?) after I shave my pubic area, some bumps that seem to eject directly from a pore appear on my inner thighs or above my penis, not on it. They don't extend outside of a pore sized area, just straight out. If I do the same, use tweezers(grab and pluck), a small white glob is is removed. It will bleed briefly and after a day or two they heal over.

These look nothing like any wart/HPV pictures I can find. Not to mention anything wart symptom describing a white substance other than a pimple or something else similar.

I've no idea if this is simply a form of folliculitis or something else. I plan to see a dermatologist about this but am wondering for my own personal research sake, what is it? Is it an STD? If it is something like folliculitis, will a simple anti-biotic take care of it? Thank you for your time.