STDs Community
Could my boyfriend be alergic(allergic) to my IUD?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

I have an IUD, Mirena, and after having sex with my boyfriend a few times after getting it placed, he developed a bit of irritation around the head of his penis, it looks like a rash. He can feel the strings during sex at times and it does hurt him, but when he develops this rash, it stays for a few days before disappearing. Could it be a reaction to my IUD, or an STD? I've been tested a few months back, and the results were negative for anything, and I don't get any irritation, aside from a slight discomfort at the beginning of sex. It's easy to completely ignore.
Can't say what it is, but when BF gets the rash type thing he should see his Dr