How can you know or find out if you have any damage from PID?
I am 18 and was recently diagnosed with PID, and I'm just really confused about a lot of things.  I have no idea how i got it because my boyfriend and I have never been with anyone else but eachother and my doctor predicts that this is from chlamydia :/....so yeah, I have no idea what to think about that...

but anyway...how long does an untreated infection take to turn into PID?

and how long do you usually have PID until you get severe symptoms? Is it possible for it to come on suddenly?

and most importantly: how do you know if any of your reproductive organs have been damaged from PID? Is it possible that I could be infertile from PID or have chronic pelvic pain? I am like constantly praying this is all ok...this is such a mess.
PID usually makes you feel very sick. You may get pain in your lower belly and a fever. You may also have abnormal vaginal discharge that has a different color or smell than your normal discharge. Some girls have very mild symptoms, and do not even think to see a doctor. Other girls become very sick, with a high fever and severe pain in their lower bellies.

If you have PID, you must take antibiotics, because it won't go away by itself. The sooner it's treated, the less likely it is to cause permanent damage to your fallopian tubes.

PID can be treated with oral antibiotics or antibiotics that are given to you through an intravenous (IV) tube. Your health professional will decide which way to give you the medicine, depending on how sick you are. If you're not very ill, you may only need to take oral antibiotics for 10 to 14 days.