STDs Community
Itching, Red Rash and Elevated Liver Enzymes (ALT/GPT)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itching, Red Rash and Elevated Liver Enzymes (ALT/GPT)

I have had itching and rashes on different parts of my body during this same period, mostly on my upper body, hands and sides (below the armpits on the ribcage), ocassionally on my inner thighs, buttocks and ankles as well. The rash on the hands is  red and sometimes slightly burning. The rash and  itch seem to worsen at night. I was diagnosed and successfully treated for scabies one year ago.

I have also had fluctuating liver enzymes for the past 13 months, my most recent ALT (GPT) is at 132!!! (Normal is 10-37). . I currently have a slightly low lymphocyte count [19.4% (normal is 22%-43%)].

None of my doctors (PCP, Dermatologist, Allergist) have been able to figure out what i have...ultrasound showed all internal organs to be normal, hepatitis and HIV tests came back negatve, yet the constantly elevated liver enzymes and slightly low lymphocyte count, together with the rash and itching, have me concered.

Any suggestions?