STDs Community
Itchy rash in entire pubic area

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Itchy rash in entire pubic area

A couple of days ago, I started to notice an itchy rash on my labia majora. Red bumps accompanied the itching sensation. I decided to wait it out to see if maybe it would go away but it has actually spread to my entire pubic region (the part with hair). It's extremely uncomfortable and I noticed is most irritated when exposed to any kind of head (in the shower, when my laptop is on my lap...). I recently went to the gynecologist and was negative for all STD's, but I haven't shaven my pubic area since before my appointment, so I don't know what could possibly be causing this rash. Any ideas?
***heat, not head
You would have to have the Dr examine the area because a rash could be caused by several things and with your negative tests this is probably not STD related.