STDs Community
STD Tests
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD Tests

This might be more of an emotional issue but I have a new partner and even though I have been tested for std's he seems very reluctant to get tested himself. I am now in doubt whether I should continue in this relationship as he does not like using condoms etc. Any advice please?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
hi, i think you making the right decision asking him to get tested. I dont think you should stop seeing him over this if you like him, just refraim from having sex, both protected and unprotected. If he likes you for who you are, he will get tested and get your point.
But heres the issue. If you have been having sex with him not knowing his status then your status is now in question. I think if you mention to him to get tested also to confirm your not at risk, it might push him in the right direction.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
it's being sexually responsible for both partners to seek out full std testing prior to starting to have sex together. you have the right to protect yourself and your future fertility/health by asking a partner to test. if he doesn't wear condoms and won't go for testing, this isn't worth the health risk.

to further elaborate on life's post - if you  have had unprotected sex with him already, be sure to follow up on full std testing at the proper times as listed in our read before posting post on the forum.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank