STDs Community
thrush

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

thrush

I had thrush in my mouth last September and I treated it with Nistatin. Three weeks later I had thrush again and I treated it with Nistatin again ( 5 days three times a day). Then, I did the ELISA test and the result was NEGATIVE for HIV. Now, in november, I had thrush again. Now I am taking NISORAL for fifteen days one medicine a day. I don't know what is causing it and I am worried about it. My question: is it possible to have HIV,  to get a negative result in ELISA test and at the same time to have thrush in the mouth?  I am a homossexual male, 33 years old and I have done oral sex without condom and without ejaculation in the last six months.
  • thrush (1 replies):
    I had a vaginal sex with a sex worker about a week ago a...[more]
  • oral thrush (5 replies):
    negative at beginning of 2009. had potential exposure in...[more]
  • thrush and positive testing (1 replies):
    I have a former sexual partner who recently had thrush a...[more]
  • thrush (3 replies):
    is thrush one of the first symptoms you get with hiv. ...[more]
  • Thrush (1 replies):
    I got a question I have thrush and it has been there for...[more]