STDs Community
tiny painful bump on edge of lip

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

tiny painful bump on edge of lip

when herpes start out, is there a bump first?  after tanning yesterday I got a tiny bump (it grew over the course of just a few minutes) that first itched and now hurts to touch, right on the edge of my lip.  Sometimes I'll get a bump or two after tanning on my arms that itch, but they always go away after a few hours.  this one is still here and smaller and hurts, and it seemed like it tingled when I first got it.  the inside of my lip was itching too.  it's only about the size of a tiny pimple (and it could be that too, but it grew so fast and hurts and is flesh colored, and so small I don't know), just one swollen pore.  it's hard; it almost feels like there's a crumb stuck to my lip.

how long do herpes take to develop? and if it's not one, what else could it be? (i guess this might not be the right forum?)
Tags: itch, swollen
herpes would not cause obvious symptoms that quickly.  If this doesn't go away in a  day or two - go see your doctor.

grace