Sexual Health Community
sex life after the affair

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

sex life after the affair

I've been married for 14 years with what was what I considered a very fulfilling sex life until about 3 years ago when things changed.  I didn't know it then but my husband was having an affair for almost 3 years and after he slept with the other woman things changed in our bed.  During the affair we suffered major marital problems that seemed undiagnosed, now that the truth has come out we are trying to rebuild the marriage, it's been a year since the affair was revealed.  For months my husband has worked very hard to try and make things right, more time together, communication about where he is at all times, dinners, movies, lots of talking, you name it he's really doing everything he can to make it right again.  However I am overly aware that something is missing from our sex life for a very long time.

You see before the affair we had such an emotional connection during sex, he would hold me so close and kiss me deeply and whisper in my ear things like "you feel so good" or "I can't get deep enough" or "I love you so much" and tons of things like that, that made me feel so wanted and connected and special.  He would tell me to look at him and stare in my eyes.  I mean to me sex couldn't possibly get any better, it was like the whole world disappeared while we were together alone.  

Needless to say after he started seeing another woman our sex life became almost non-existant.  Now we have it more frequently but it doesn't feel the same to me.  For the most part we don't kiss much, he never looks in my eyes, he doesn't utter a word to me.  I've cried about this, I've talked to him about it a million times and he just says that sex is the same I just don't see it anymore and just because he doesn't talk to me anymore while we are having sex doesn't mean anything.  He's still just as into it, he says he just changed and that people change and that I shouldn't expect him to be the same.  He says he's just not into talking during sex, and that's just it.

Also, since I found out about this I am really insecure, and this seems to surface during sex more than ever.  When we are together I start feeling sad and overwhelmed with what he did and I almost cry, I want him to reassure me, I want the comforting man back that I had before the affair.  I want him to repeatedly tell me he loves me, and whisper in my ear that he's sorry for hurting me and tell me things like "I'll never leave you, you are safe now".  He tells me no man would like a woman like that and that's something men don't do, and I'm too needy during sex.  

When the mistress met with me she told me he'd hold her and tell her she was so beautiful and remind her that she was the only thing on his mind.  Now I have it set in my mind that if he did that for her, and used to do it for me, he should be doing now but since he's not I feel he left his sexual desires in her bed and she's the one he'd rather be having sex with not me.  He already knows I feel horrible that she's 9 years younger than us and has no children, her body is 100 times better than mine which makes me feels very sad and undesirable.  In July it will be 4 years that I don't know what it's like to be wanted.  I'll send my husband texts saying "I want you so bad" or whisper that in his ear only to hear nothing back.  I long so bad to feel a desired by him, I long so bad to know what it feels like to hear him say I want you so bad, or hear him whisper in my ear while we are having sex the way he used to and no matter what he just will NOT do it, we kiss and  have close face contact very minimally during sex, he never speaks a word to me unless I say "I love you" and then the most he'll say is "I love you too" and that's it.  I feel so inadequate after the betrayal and in the bedroom aside from an increase in sex he seems to refuse to do anything for me that I really want.  

The bad part is the rest is so good, he loves to perform oral on me and physically do really pleasurable things but I don't feel the emotional connection because of the changes in him and it hurts and saddens me.   Am I asking too much?  Could it be that he just would rather be with her?  Could a man just "change" after years of being so expressive and passionate in bed?  This is a huge and painful issue for me and I don't know what to do!  It's making dealing with the affair even harder, in fact some times it makes me feel like I can't go on in the marriage!
sweety i'm so sorry you're going through this =(
I, unfortunatly dont have any real answers for you on this topic. I just wantedt to say hang in there, getting cheated on *****, especially when you feel the other woman is more attractive... and especially when it's hard to get back into the swing of things =(

Have you sat your hubby down and bluntly told him how his change in the bedroom makes you feel? telling him "regardless of whether you think i'm being irrationnal or emotional, when you act that way it makes me feel undesired... you dont have to understand WHY i feel that way but you DO have to understand it's an issue. Now how can we fix it"

I'm sorry, i wish there was more i could say.
Good luck and keep your head up =)
First of all I would like to say that you are a very strong and caring woman to forgive such betrayal....I was thinking though... with the issue involving your husband saying sweet things to you before, during or after sex....maybe he doesnt want to say those things to you because he did say those things to the "other" woman....maybe that was his way of making you and "her" feel wanted and connected with him.... I know this doesnt benefit your needs and desires but if you try and think about it from his side.... he uttered those words to the woman he cheated with.... if he's trying to move past his betrayal and trying to make everything right with you again... maybe saying those things brings back what he did to you...I dont know....but I'm sure he loves you the same, he seems to be showing it in other ways....but if I were you and the "other" woman was telling me how he said those things to her... I would never want to hear anything like that come out of his mouth again....to me it would bring back the betrayal...all I would think about is "oh this is your technique"....Sorry personal opinion...