Sleep Disorders Community
Feeling sleepy all day along.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Feeling sleepy all day along.

Hello, for last few years I hardly ever feel good, I have to push my self to do things around the house and in life.

I constantly feel sleepy and lazy eyes all day along even if I am watching TV or what ever. I usually get 8 hours of sleep every night.

Still, the next day I will feel sleepy through out the day... I can take a nap for 3 hours in the afternoon and still sleep 8 hours at night without problem.

Next day, will feel fatigue and lazy all day.

My family members thing that I am discarese and that I won't do anything in life and I am wasting my lie and lazy etc...

I told my doc about this and he keeps telling me to have a good diet and work out... I even have a good diet.

Any idea or suggestion ?

N
I'm assuming your doctor at least ran routine blood tests to look for common causes such as diabetes, anemia, or thyroid? If not, I would get a second opinion. Along with some routine tests, you are a classic candidate for a sleep study. AFTER all that is negative, then an evaluation for depression might be in order. But I'd be scheduling that sleep study right away as it sometimes takes a while to get in.
yea, he did, and everything is good. He thought depression, gave me cymbalta, that didn't seem to work at all.

Still the same problem.

What does Sleep study do and what do they look for  ?

Is this problem curable ?
I am 20 years old, an am ALWAYS tired. I also am on anti-deppresant meds, and that makes me even more tired. Sometimes I feel like nothing can keep me awake past 9:00. The more I sleep, though, the more tired I seem to feel. Being overweight, this may sound kind of funny, but if I feel really tired at a weird time, I go on a walk. after I walk, I really honestly truly feel more awake. I drink a lot of caffine, and I seem to crash after that.. try switching from caffine to water or juice.

Keep me posted. Let me know if you find anything that works!

I am not over weight or anything. I work out 5 times a week....I run 1 mile every day and lift weight.

I do not drink Soda, do not eat fast food burger, pizza, etc.... Take daily vitamins at

Vitamin C = 1000 mg
B-Complex
Magnesium
Fish Oil
Vitamin E
Centrum
Ginger Root

These are my daily dose of vitamins everyday 6 days a week. I skip one day.

Any suggestions ?
An overnight sleep study will monitor your brain waves, heart rythyms, respirations, and limb movments to look for reasons that your sleep is not providing you with enough energy for life. There are many sleep disorders, so don't let anyone tell you you don't fit some narrow profile. Tell the doctor you want a sleep study, that you are not satisfied with a diagnosis of depression without first ruling out all possible causes.
Hi Dudewhatisit, how are you? Can you give some details as to how many hours you used to sleep early and what was your routine sleep cycle? Are you studying or working (is it on a shift basis). Obstructive sleep apnea could be a reason for you to wake up frequently in order to regain your breath resulting in number of awakenings per night, many times you may not even be aware of it ending up having excessive daytime sleep because of fatigue, feeling unrefreshed after sleeping, and daytime sleep attacks at your workplace. Added to all these, stress you are going through can be a trigger. Modafinil can be tried for narcolepsy. It would be better to consult a sleep doctor and get a sleep test done before you chose to take any drug for an evaluation. Share your thoughts. Take care.

I do not wake up at night, not that I know. I sleep around 8 hours a day , maybe sometimes 9 hours a day, it all depends.

I indeed did describe the situation to my Dr. and he has no concern.

I just hate the feeling of sleepy and dizzy all day along, prevent me from doing activity and makes me feel much lazy in life.

Do you dream when you sleep -- are you getting REM time?  Two factors might help.  Try sleeping in as dark a room as possible -- it helps.   And if you are sleeping next to a cordless phone, wireless internet system (or gaming system) or any electronic device -- either move them out of your sleeping room or turn them off (out of the plug) just when you sleep -- studies show that these (even regular electronics) can interfere with sleep patterns.

Carol
Hi Dude!
You sure sound like me 22 years ago. I got lucky tho. I was out to dinner with my husband for our anniversary, and my new doctor happened to be at the same restaurant and noticed that I fell asleep into my plate. He told me to make an appointment, and a sleep study showed that I have Narcolepsy. I took Dexidrine for about 20 years, but now someone has invented provigil which is marvelous stuff.
Dude! Have a sleep study! You'll be happy you did!
:)
Hello i am 63 yrs old i feeling sleepy for last 08 days and dont want to eat whole day , what may be the problem?
Been there done that. Suffering over 3 months. Did the sleep study, nuvigil, now adderall (adderrall). Need help despirite  can't stay awake.  I can take 20mg adderall (adderrall) n go to sleep, when I fight to stay awake on it, cannot concentrate zombie like. Please any suggestions? Dr took me off work 3 weeks ago going to yet another sleep specialist this week. I have to go back to work