Severe Central Sleep Apnea
DSA
After 4 sleep studies and 3 machines (now using the Resmed ASV), I still have severe daytime fatigue and a very high AHI.  Is there a center that specializes in this problem?
Do you eat bread that contains gluten or anything else in your diet that may cause inflammation? Do you suffer from type 2 hypothyroidism which can also cause inflammation? Could you switch to more of a fruit/vegetables diet and drop some weight?

Hope this stuff is helpful.....
DSA
I've never heard of those things causing Central Sleep apnea, however, for the record, my thyroid tests are normal, as is my ejection fraction, pacer working fine, have been a vegetarian for years and lost 30 lbs. 3 years ago-enough to cure my pre-diabetic state.
I do have persistent "jerking"=RLS and PLMD at night.  Medication has been of little benefit.
I too have RLS and PLMD. That could have something to do with your continued daytime symptoms. I have recently been using a TENS Unit and doing pretty good with it, however I've read that a pacemaker might be affected by a TENS so that may not be an option for you. Have you already tested your ferritin level and tried taking supplements like magnesium? Warm foot soaks before bedtime help some. Any chance you are on a med that could be causing or aggravating your RLS/PLMD?

Still having a very high AHI is a sleep buster too, so between the two, no wonder you are fatigued. There's some people who have dealt with having central sleep apnea for quite some time that frequent the cpaptalk forum. I'm not very knowledgeable about it, just from what I've read know that it can be a challenge to get the treatment optimized. Does your machine quickly respond and resolve your events? Hopefully your doctors are still working with you to make things the best possible.
DSA
Thank you for responding.  I will check the CPAP forum.  I have been following one of them, but it does not quite follow this format, so I'm not sure it is the one to which you refer.