Sleep Disorders Community
sleep tracker data issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

sleep tracker data issues

This is a question for all people who use the sleep tracker, personally I don't think it is much use as it wont let me put in more than one time scale for my sleep pattern, IE I go to bed at 12.00pm wake at 4.30 am take my medication go back to bed and back to sleep get up at 10.00 am it will not allow what it calls overlap time zones, my sleep pattern is often broken and sometimes it can be as much as 3 -0 times in a night anyone got any answers doctors or patients for adding data to the chart please !

Regards
              Steve
My experience of  life long sleep problems ~ sometimes causing me to  crack- up,is to ignore the problem. Not easy when anxious/depressed, but it's possible. Been in & out of Psych. Hospitals several times. Caused by my worrying about 'did I sleep OK?Will I be able to ever sleep again etc. Now I push it out of mind & although still have very disturbed sleep I'm still here. By dwelling/reminding yourself of insomnia it becomes a self fulfilling act. Worrying about sleeps a good way to prevent it. Some are better at sleeping than  others, but if you are a 'non-sleeper' do your best to accept it, & dismiss it. Good luck!
     Its not that I cannot sleep its that my sleep is broken due to my pain with my condition and that when I try to enter the data on the sleep tracker it will not let you put in more than 1 item on the sleep time scale and onto the chart provided ! for one nights sleep.

Thanks for your concerns but I do sleep but not for long periods , I sometimes only sleep for 4 hours , I worked shifts for a long time and worked long hours each day , sometimes I might even work up to 24 hours or more without any sleep if we were doing a very special job that had to be completed  , so I got used to very little sleep that's where the 4-5 hours comes from.

I don't worry about the sleep I get because sometimes I get so tired that I will sleep 8 hours or more but my norm is around 4-5 hours, I do not get depressed or worry about It because I had quite a high profile stressful responsible job for years having to meet targets within given parameters and had to work very long hours with little or no sleep , it is the pain I suffer that restricts me sleeping most of the time now !

I also suffer from sleep Apnea too and have to use a CPAP machine at night to help me sleep.

There is not much that worries me or stresses me and affects my sleep.

Thanks again for your concerns and comments !

Regards
            Steve
I can enter mulitple sleep sessions for one night. I'm sure you can too. Just leave a two minute betweek wake and sleep, i.e. wake at 6:01 back to bed (sleep) at 6:03.

In the upper right hand corner of your Sleep Tracker page click on Actions. Scroll down to and click on Settings. Fill in the info. Click on the Theme for the color you want for your Sleep Tracker. Scroll down to Customize to the left.Add the Hidden Fields that you want to your Displayed fields and click on Apply.

Back at your Sleep Tracker, go into the tracker and click on the night you want to add data for. Be sure to enter the AM or PM correctly. If you had more than one sleep session that night, or napped during the day, click on Add Another. Add as many sleep sessions as needed for the night then click on the down arrow to go to the next section of the sleep tracker.

Use the Down arrows until you have entered any extra information you want in the Journal. Then after finishing your Journal entries click on Done.