Smoking Addiction Community
nicorette gum

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

nicorette gum

I was reading through all of your posts and how you guys are saying you are addicted.  Well, my husband has got you beat as to the amounts of gum you are chewing.  He has been on Nicorette 2 mg gum for 20 years after chewing tobacco for 15 years or so.  He has never tapered off--fortunately, not gone to 4 mg either.  The easiest way to tell you how much he chews is that in a week, he goes through 1 1/2 to 2 boxes.  Each box contains 110 pcs.  He can't understand why I get so pissed off about the amount of money or doesn't want to.  He has managed to stop drinking (thankfully!!) for 7 months now and says that I shouldn't bug him about this.  I'd like to know if there are any long-term side effects.
Well......im not sure how to really respond to this one.  Is there a pamphlet that comes with the gum??  You may want to check with a doctor and a dentist.

COngrats to him on being sober for 7 months!!!!
Sounds like he dumped the chewing tobacco but kept the nicotine addiction.  Congratulations on the alcohol - that one isnt easy........
That can't be a good thing......You really need to speak to your doctor about it and see if there is an alternate solution. He might be a good candidate for Chantix. Even though he isn't smoking any longer he is still getting nicotine in his system.
Good luck!
buy the gum at sams club,  much less expensive
Yes ive been on the gum now for 6 months it is now the addiction, haven't heard it causes any probs, i have a friend on it 20 years and one one 5 years.. Dawn
Your husband must be a tool the amount of gum he has chewed is remarkably, unbeliveable, this is just insane his teeth must be coverd in nicotine all day long, no wonder he hasn't stoped this chewing...