Speech & Language Disorders Community
My 2 year old son

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

My 2 year old son

I have a wonderful 28 month old boy....that is in early intervention for speech. The program is great, however is doesn't seem to help as much as I hoped. I have pointed out to the therapist that I think that he may have a problem moving he tongue in order to for words. He also sees a nutritionist and they are aware of the problem. As an infant he never really liked to chew or bite on teething rings. He is a very intelligent little boy and seems to be doing great in every other area. I have made an app with his pediatrician, but I am worried that there is a possibility this has been overlooked to long. Is there any advise as to what kind of help to look into, or anything. I have also noticed that when he sticks his tongue out the left side does not come out evenly with the rest of his tongue.
Tags: 2 years
it's nornal for a toddler to miss up on R and TH sounds