Speech & Language Disorders Community
childrens development.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

childrens development.

my son is 3yrs3mths and cannot speak, he can say me. but any other words he doesn't
finish and they are not reconisable he was very slow walking what do I do.
Do you have a special need preschool in your area?  They can help my daughter at age 3 could hardly say anything that a person could understand.  We were lucky and found a wonderful preschool that does not cost us anything that tested her and she is 5 how and talking up a storm.  Please seek help for your son something is wrong.  If you have a public health nurse in the area they can also do test on your son.  The quicker you get him help the faster you will see results.  My child is doing great now with almost 3 years of preschool so try not to worry and get him to the right people that can help you.  Also some area schools have a preschool screening program that your child might fit into that would also help out with cost and getting your child to and from school each day.