Surgery Expert Forum
Gallbladder complications

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Gallbladder complications

47 y/o female .  I had gallbladder surgery (lapro).  Everything went well till the following week when vomiting and pain were experinenced.   I was admitted for a two overnight stay in the hospital.  Ct scan was done and revealed a large air mass in the stomach area.  Issue resolved.  I go home and three days later appear to have jaundice.  I go back to the ER.  Tests reveal no obstructions (via ultrasound), liver enzymes are up and billiruben is up.  Diagnosis is Acute Hepatitis.  We don't know which type yet.  I go back to the Doctor within the week.  Is it possible to get Hepatitis after surgery?   I don't understand.
possible
would suggest HIDA and CT to make sure there is no obstruction or leak