Surgery Expert Forum
Lawnmower accident-foot surgery leads to aspiration/near death

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

My cousin's child was mowing the yard, an accident led up to his foot being run over. The went to the hospital and he sat in the waiting room bleeding profusely for 3 hours before they brought him to his room.  
They performed surgery on his foot and was only able to save his big toe.  During the surgery he started aspriating blood out of his mouth and managed to fill up 16 buckets of blood.  He almost didn't make it.  I am wondering why blood was comming out of his mouth if it was his foot that was being operated on.  They are all stumped and he is still right now puking up blood.  
***@****
how old was the child?
was this a stress ulcer brought on by the trauma?