Surgery Expert Forum
MRI results - knee pain

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

MRI results - knee pain

I had an MRI scan on my left knee as a result of 2 dogs, (approx weight 9 stone) run into the side of it and my knee twisting and hearing a crack pop.  My doctor is on leave and the secretary has read out a report to me which is quite technical.  What i can remeber is that it said i had a bone odema on the lateral aspect of my tibia, an abnrmal PCL with 1.5mm somthing and an altered and bowed ACL.  There were other things but cant remember.  Can you tell me what these results mean and what my options will be.  Just a bit worried and mught not get proper results for a couple of weeks.
Dear Friend,
The information is not full so i can just give my opinion on a biased basis.
I feel like you have got a ACL laxity and PCL avulsion.
There would be a need for an arthroscopic surgery.
Please discuss with your treating doctor.
Regards