TTC Over 40 User Group
I am 46 and pregnant...
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
412 members

I am 46 and pregnant...

Hello...I am so very happy, anxious and feel blessed at the same time. Were do I start, well I found out I am pregnant on Feb 25...(brought an at home test from CVS Pharmacy that night and it was positive) cycle was due on Feb 20, and I thought work stress was throwing things off.  I've been very regular all my life (cycle comes on every 28 days), and this is the second positive pregnancy test I've ever had in my life.  Note: got pregnant in June 2009, and miscarried in August at 7 wks 4 days. (it was a twin pregnancy - 2 yolk sacs in 1 gestational sac).  I was 44 at that time and had basically thought I'd never get pregnant.  Hubby and I never used any fertility treatments etc.....just believed that it may happen one day and it day.  JOY JOY JOY...I still am so thankful for that time in my life...I just loved the feeling of life inside me.  I was overwhelmed with sadness for months immediately after losing my babies...time and believing that God's will was done is what got me through it.  And to my surprise it happened again as I mentioned above...pregnant at 46.  I'm still taking it all in.  Lots of sypmtoms: breast tenderness, nausea, twinges in pelvic area.  

Well here's why I'm up tonight, and thankful that I found this site...need support and encouragement now.  According to last menstral period, I'm at 6 weeks.  Had 1st ultrasound on March 1st (Dr saw me early because of high risk status and prior miscarraige (miscarriage))...showed Gestational Sac at 4mm, not eptopic, and I felt that everything was ok.  Saw Dr today, March 10th, and Gest Sac at 9mm, glimmer of yolk sac (popped on screen only once a second).  He said I'm growing, but slowly and I'm worried.  Sent me to radiology lab for better scan...he said his machine is older than the labs and hoped if would give a better picture.  Well it didint...showed my Gest sac at 9 mm also....but no yolk at all..not even a slight moment.  I am hurt but trying to be positive...it's hard, cried and slept ealier this evening, and got on the net to read.  Glad to find this site and forum...I feel like I fit in here.  I am praying that all of us have our hearts desires come true...healthy babies even after 40. I hope my baby's yolk sac and heart beat show in my next scan scheduled for March 17.  I just don't understand if where I'm at is normal for now...I feel no cramps and not bleeding, but there's no baby showing in my gestational sac yet.  Any experience and/or comforting thought are needed.  Thank you so much....
Congratulations on your BFP.  I am sorry to hear things seem to be progressing kind of slow.  I hope that when you go back on the 17th, that all is well, and that you see a mavelous heartbeat.  You are in the right place, and will find a ton of support here!!!
Hang in there, you are doing everything you can to ensure your baby survives.

I am sending tons of hugs and baby dust your way!!!
I hope everything works out ok. It's such a joy to hear that you have gotten pregnant naturally! SSBD!
I want to officially welcome you to our site!  Such great news that you got a BFP.  I know I speak for many of us over 40's who have been on here a while, supporting each other as we try to make our dreams come true, that your story is inspirational!  I have never actually been pregnant, but many of the ladies here have had losses.  One thing that I think we have all learned is that you must take each step as a huge positive.  If you O, your are to be congratulated and feel positive, if you get a BFP (that is the next step), that is truly a time for celebration.  Next, if there is a confirmed sack, beta's are going up (even if slow), you must celebrate!  We all know the statistics are not good at our age, but every pregnancy progresses at its own rate and there are stories , where betas were slow or low, etc, that go on the have healthy babies.

So.... for today, you must not worry, fret or be anxious... you must celebrate the little one inside.  Keep up the celebration until there is no more reason to celebrate!!d  By the way... did I say CONGRATULATIONS on you BFP!!!!  Truly a time for celebration.  We will all be praying for you that your next u/s brings great news!  You have come to the right place, welcome!

Please make sure you keep us posted!  We will all be waiting to hear what happens on the 17th!!  Until then.... congratulations!!  Sharon xxx
Thank you all for sending me encouragement....I am soo glad you'll are here.  Just read the responses over and over again.  They've made me smile, but I know you'll understand exactly what I'm feeling.  So much hope and so much thankfulness.  I promise to update you after the next u/s....or any issues related to this pregnancy.  

To MHV:  thanks for the hug, I got it!  :)

To MJMom69:  Thank you...

To IM43:  Thanks for reminding me to celebrate....each timeline you mentioned is very precious...and I pray to keep adding new ones in the months ahead.  I realize that everything that's happened to me is a miracle and I do smile more than I worry.  I wish the same for you, and just because you gave me hope and encouragement, know that the same comes from me to you.  I send you peace, love, and the joys of motherhood.  Your "nurturing" has given me more reason to stay positive about this journey ...my baby's life!  
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know you're worried, but try to hang in there! It's hard not to get upset, nervous and it can drive you crazy.  We are all here to support you,hang in there, and remember one day at a time! You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Hello, would like to wish you our sincere congratulations! what wondeful news. It gives me some hope, I am 41 and trying desperatly for a sibling for Alfie who I had 2 and a half years ago natuarlly(was a miracle)Since then we tried again naturally, no success, so tried 3 attempts ivf, no joy, tried clomid to help me ovualte as I am of low body weight but still nothing, clomid just gave me cysts. So now we are back to the natuarl waybut no age and poor eggs etc are against us. But your post has really lifted me an dI wish you all the best and hope all goes well for you during your pregnancy, please update and any advice you can give me will be much appreciated, love melissax(from England)
Just checking in to make sure everything is going along perfectly.  March 17th is right around the corner!  I can promise we will all be thinking about you and pulling for wonderful things to been seen!!!   Hang in there... just a few more days!!!!

Sticky Baby Dust coming your way!!!! : )
Thank you for checking in....I've had a pretty quiet weekend and I'm happy about that.  I did some light yard work, trimming flower beds and watering plants.  I love the outdoors...and I was glad to finally "feel" like getting out of the bed this morning.  :)

Overall I still have strong symptoms, and I have to admit that those signs keep me feeling like "all is well" with the baby.  So I'm feeling all that sticky baby dust...keep sprinkling me with it please!   I am so ready for the 17th...wish that it was here now.  I watched an old musical for the 80's called "Annie". (lately I've been watching so much TV I've seen movies I never thought I be patient enough to watch).  But anyway, it had lots of really neat music, and one song I've been singing all day while gardening...it's called "Tommorow".  Never payed attention to the words before, but now one particular phrase means the world to me:  "...Tommorow, tommorow, there's always tommorow, it's only just a day away!"

I figured to get me through this week, I'll sing it every day, all day of necessary.  Because at any time, tommorow is "just a day away"!.... and on and on and on until the 17th comes!!!

ps.  Seeing that movie was extra special for me yesterday, my Mother's name was Annie, and if it's a girl so shall she be named after her.   My Mother named me after her Mom, and I'm going to do the same for my daughter.  That where my username came from....I am Annie's daughter (her "babygirl").
OMG Great News...Welcome to this wonderful site. We all help each other through our journeys. Today is the 15 only two more days WOOHOO... Let us know sweety...
Grace358, and Moma_Cher commented on journey2motherhood's status
Grace358, and Moma_Cher commented on Moma_Cher's status
journey2motherhood commented on journey2motherhood's status